News   Aug 08, 2024
 224     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 317     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

There was a lot of focus and contact tracing of cases from china but people were flying from Italy to Canada on full flights till mid march with no checks on anyone.

You're the first to push banning flights from China on here, in this thread back in late January.

AoD

Behold! The Trump Death Clock:

There's even an electronic billboard in Times Square that updates in real-time:

1280px-TRUMP_DEATH_CLOCK_2_051920.jpg

Outside of Toronto, (Burlington, Hamilton, Barrie and probably others), marches are happening that appear to be locally organized (as opposed to being organized by BLM). They have been peaceful, but there has been a lot of kickback about large gatherings during a pandemic.

Outside of Toronto, (Burlington, Hamilton, Barrie and probably others), marches are happening that appear to be locally organized (as opposed to being organized by BLM). They have been peaceful, but there has been a lot of kickback about large gatherings during a pandemic.
It's POC that are the largest non-senior demographic that is catching and dying from this virus. Organizing or permitting massive groups of the same demographic to congregate makes no sense. In two weeks from now people will start feeling sick, two weeks after that, any vulnerable yet not socially distant family members are dead. We definitely have racial inequality and policing issues here, but all for a march about what's happening in another country?

Well imo if you go to a protest and you have an older parent or an elder at home or someone who is immune-compromised, you are a moron regardless of how righteous the cause may be.

Well imo if you go to a protest and you have an older parent or an elder at home or someone who is immune-compromised, you are a moron regardless of how righteous the cause may be.
No, it's the social killers that's the problem. You might be asymptotically-infected and feel fine, and have no exposure to at risk people, but someone else you infect does.

IMO- it may be time to start considering a more localized lockdown approach that targets susceptible populations (i.e. LTCs) and hotspots.

The number of cases hasn't been dropping significantly in Ontario; reopening everything here would go against everything the government had been suggesting, though I would not be surprised. And there are far more susceptible people than just those who live in LTC homes - and to those must be added everyone who lives with them, whether they are vulnerable or not. Fortunately I'm self-employed, but what would an employer say if I told them I need to stay home because my spouse is vulnerable?

in a couple weeks time, the blame will be on mask wearing protestors when we see an uptick in cases. Not the people gathering at swimming holes, backyard parties and crowds gathering in the parks.

well look at this way if politicians are saying you cant meet your family in your backyard but then taking a knee with protestors... its sends conflicting signals.

My opinion is there can be some protests and people can start meeting each other with social distancing.

Like the current paradigm is collapsing.

Last edited:
well look at this way if politicians are saying you cant meet your family in your backyard but then taking a knee with protestors... its sends conflicting signals.

My opinion is there can be some protests and people can start meeting each other with social distancing.

Like the current paradigm is collapsing.
We are literally reaching peak-2020.

Last edited:

Back