News   Aug 08, 2024
 236     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 322     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

It depends, an Italian doctor also said the Virus may be less lethal than before as well

I truly hope this is the case (as has happened with other diseases) because as is being made increasingly clear in recent weeks, nobody is taking this seriously anymore.

I truly hope this is the case (as has happened with other diseases) because as is being made increasingly clear in recent weeks, nobody is taking this seriously anymore.

Less lethal for the young. Not so for the elderly. Better for those with guards, fences, or armed forces around them.

Last edited:
Ontario reports spike in COVID-19 cases as province surpasses 30,000 infections

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Ontario has recorded spike in the number of new COVID-19 cases as the province surpasses 30,000 infections.

Health officials reported 455 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday but admitted that 68 of those cases were a result of a "laboratory-to-public health reporting delay."

The province also recorded an additional 35 COVID-19 related deaths, bringing the total number of fatalities to 2,407.

Ontario reports spike in COVID-19 cases as province surpasses 30,000 infections

Infotainment.
Every increase, no matter how small, is a "spike" or a "surge". Any drop is a "plummet" or a "record low since four days ago" or some other glib language. Anytime the total number of infections ends with three zeros it's a breaking news story. Yawn. But, hey, numbers are free media content, and 'free' is all the media can afford to pay for content these days.

And there are still the long term health effects to consider. It’s not just the lethal nature of the virus that is concerning.

I know someone in the UK who is perfectly fit and healthy, had a mild case of Covid and recovered but has been left with severe muscle pains. He has to go for more tests.

Infotainment.
Every increase, no matter how small, is a "spike" or a "surge". Any drop is a "plummet" or a "record low since four days ago" or some other glib language. Anytime the total number of infections ends with three zeros it's a breaking news story. Yawn. But, hey, numbers are free media content, and 'free' is all the media can afford to pay for content these days.

Yeah, it's rather annoying to see these terms used as click-bait.

AoD

Most protestors I see out there today are wearing masks. I had always said the economy should remain open and just require people wear masks, social distance (this doesn't really work to me) and have certain restrictions. There was no reason to shut down the economy. I didn't have many in agreement with me at the time.

I know it's hard for some here but Trudeau needs to answer some questions of the non softball, vetted, variety.

The government of Ontario bans people from of bans people from meeting family having a gathering of over more than 5 people

Yet large scale protests are happening.

To be honest I think most people are going to ignore this order.

There is no justification why can't have six people to my backyard sitting apart from each other

The government of Ontario bans people from of bans people from meeting family having a gathering of over more than 5 people

Yet large scale protests are happening.

To be honest I think most people are going to ignore this order.

There is no justification why can't have six people to my backyard sitting apart from each other

Weird that you're so worked up about this. Have you been outside? I see huge groups of people hanging out, mask-less doing nothing. At least protestors are doing something constructive and majority are wearing masks. If you don't agree with the protesting you're going to find a way to criticize. This is a worldwide protest. Will you tell your kids 15 years from now that you were angered by it? Probably not. You'll casually leave that part out.

Another day of no progress on the new infection front. Ontario doing it’s best to test out Einstein’s theory of insanity. Even Quebec is starting to look genius now by Ontario standards.

I’m still giving no one a free pass. Canada, Ontario, Toronto? We suck. No more excuses and defensiveness. Just except our failure as a people and try to move forward constructively.

Yes, it is totally possible to live with and even contain or eradicate Covid while operating a fully open economy and society. There are plenty of best practice examples around the world. We however are just not capable as a society and people to do so because of our aforementioned sucking and backwardness.

On the positive side failure is a good jump off point for self-reflection. On a personal note I’ve found it useful to criticize myself for the same poor leadership, organizational inertia, sloppiness, and bad attitude afflicting our greater society. It’s kind of a fun and exciting exercise.

Weird that you're so worked up about this. Have you been outside? I see huge groups of people hanging out, mask-less doing nothing. At least protestors are doing something constructive and majority are wearing masks. If you don't agree with the protesting you're going to find a way to criticize. This is a worldwide protest. Will you tell your kids 15 years from now that you were angered by it? Probably not. You'll casually leave that part out.
I am saying how can the government ban you from meeting your actual friends and family and here in Brampton enforce in a very draconian manner but you can meet in 100s of people in a large group?

Its a lot of a mixed messaging and the general public will frankly take a "f**( this lockdown' attitude with Corona.

I'm not saying don't protest... I'm saying the rules and guidelines the government are giving out to people as of right now is turning into a huge farce. The rules need to be updated that is more reasonable and then be strictly enforced.

Like Here in Brampton 5-6 cars gather in a parking lot and cops will come after you like you have a 5 star wanted level in GTA 5... however in Vaughan people are gathered in parking lots and chilling like its a 1950s high school movie XD

Last edited:
Windsor Regional Hospital will begin mass testing migrant workers for COVID-19 in Windsor Essex after the region’s second death of a migrant worker.

Hospital officials confirmed, Saturday morning, the death of a 24-year-old migrant worker. In a statement, officials say the man died at Windsor Regional Hospital on Friday after first going to Erie Shores Hospital on June 1st, 2020, from a hotel he was self-isolating at. Officials say the hospital has contacted the man’s family in Mexico.

Windsor Regional Hospital will begin mass testing migrant workers for COVID-19 in Windsor Essex after the region’s second death of a migrant worker.

Hospital officials confirmed, Saturday morning, the death of a 24-year-old migrant worker. In a statement, officials say the man died at Windsor Regional Hospital on Friday after first going to Erie Shores Hospital on June 1st, 2020, from a hotel he was self-isolating at. Officials say the hospital has contacted the man’s family in Mexico.

Are they testing the medical workers who reside in Canada yet work at US hospitals? We had such an uproar over that New Brunswick doctor who went to Quebec but what about the hundreds of Ontario nurses and staff that go to NY and Michigan everyday?

Back