News   Aug 07, 2024
 544     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 417     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 322     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

It's a shame this is not including Salons. They are already doing everything by appointment and could easily meet the criteria. I assume their non-inclusion has something to do with the close contact nature of their business.

Ya, I'm really eager for my barber to open. I'm starting to look like the guy you warn your kids about. At least we'll be able to get the dogs their shots and get them groomed (hmmm, I wonder if the groomer . . . )

How Long Does the Coronavirus Live on Surfaces?

From link.

Plastics
Examples: milk containers and detergent bottles, plastic subway and bus seats, backpacks, elevator buttons
2 to 3 days

Fabrics
Examples: clothes, linens
There’s not much research about how long the virus lives on fabric, but it’s probably not as long as on hard surfaces.

From link.

With fabrics, it's unclear how long viruses can last. But generally, they tend to last for a shorter amount of time on fabric compared to hard surfaces like stainless steel, according to the Mayo Clinic. It may also depend on what material the fabric is made from.

The fabric seats used by the TTC would seem to be a better protection from any virus than plastic or vinyl seats used elsewhere.

I spent almost every vacation as a child and teen camping. And after that I lived in a national park for 5 years. I've done my share of hiking and sleeping outdoors. And I'm over it. I would much rather spend my vacation in a new city in a nice hotel with a bed.

I spent my entire childhood outdoors and I'm still going. My parents dragged us off into the bush when I was barely a year old. It's in the blood.

Beds are bad for your back.

Though, I spend my fair share in nice hotels....where do you think my 35K credit card debt comes from? ?

You guys are soft. Decadent. City folk. Best of luck when the zombies/Yanks/Chinese/dragons get here.

It's a shame this is not including Salons. They are already doing everything by appointment and could easily meet the criteria. I assume their non-inclusion has something to do with the close contact nature of their business.

Wait, wait, wait.....salons are fine but Crown land camping is dangerous?

Get some damn sleep, please.

You accused me of being the reason people are getting the plague because I want to go camping in isolation in some damn bush but salons, where people are touching each other, are fine.

Are you ok, bud? For real.

What the actual funk. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

This is nonsense. Private campgrounds but not Crown land? And still the fire ban?

So, I've spent 7 weeks working whilst people sit at home. Barely going to the shops for food. Not seeing any of my friends. And I can't even go perform the pinnacle social distance in a damn bush somewhere? Because I don't own a cottage.

Us free-living folk don't pay enough PC Party bills, I'm guessing. My contribution to society isn't enough. Work. Balcony. Repeat. Whilst the bougies go to their cottages. Oh, look at that, marinas! Just in time.

I'm going even more outside society. Gonna start tax avoidance. You cottagers can pay your own bills.

I get less than I put in and I can't even go relax in isolation. ffs

Apart from the bugs and washroom/outhouse situation, I actually really enjoy camping. Nothing beats sitting around a campfire grilling food, sipping beers, star gazing, playing cards in the tent, long hikes, canoeing, and taking cold water swims in the lake.

Finally, a real person! ?

I actually know quite a few people who switched to driving as they avoiding ttc.

I took the 504 for the first time in 8 weeks last weekend and I wish I had been taking it all this time to do my shopping. It's beautifully empty. It's like the safest place in town. Until you get to your supermarket destination.

Back