Multiplexes

At Hallam and Gladstone. Taken 19 July.

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg
IMG_5502.jpeg

And just up Dufferin at 1220.

IMG_5499.jpeg

Last edited:
Just northeast of College/Dundas this is complete and building a laneway suite. Taken 30 July.

And because I don’t have enough problems I’ve decided to get addicted to Vietnamese salt coffee! 🇻🇳☕

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg
IMG_6010.jpeg
IMG_5991.jpeg
IMG_6012.jpeg

26 GRANGE AVE

To construct a new three-storey detached dwelling (duplex) with a covered front porch with stairs, a front basement walkout with a terrace, and rear second and third floor balconies. Also, to construct a three-storey ancillary building (for one three-storey laneway suite with a basement and a one-car garage on the ground floor) in the rear yard of the property abutting the laneway. The existing garage will be demolished. There will be a total of three dwelling units on the lot (two units within the main dwelling (duplex) and one unit within the garden suite).

Currently this:

26grange.JPG

710 LANSDOWNE AVE

PROPOSAL TO CONSTRUCT A FOUR STOREY MULTI UNIT DWELLING (5)

Currently this in the middle here:

710lansd.JPG

422 CLINTON ST

To construct a new three-storey detached dwelling (fourplex) with front and rear porches, front and rear basement walkouts, front and rear second storey balconies, and a front third storey balcony. The existing two-and-one-half-storey detached dwelling will be demolished. The existing garage in the rear yard will be maintained and unaltered.

clintonst.JPG

So maybe someone more capable at using the CofA website can find info on these multiplex projects I would be grateful as I have tried to no avail! These are along Oxford and Lippincott in Kensington Market. 98 Oxford, 57 Oxford, southeast corner of Oxford/Lippincott. Thanks!

And as a thank you I have included images of Nine Cat Tails Café at the corner of Spadina/Oxford which has the most perfect kouign amman that I have ever had!

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg
IMG_7472.jpeg
IMG_7473.jpeg
IMG_7474.jpeg
IMG_7475.jpeg
IMG_7476.jpeg
IMG_7477.jpeg
IMG_7468.jpeg
IMG_7467.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 5
98 Oxford, 57 Oxford, southeast corner of Oxford/Lippincott
Are you sure 98 Oxford is a multi? I noticed it has only one hydro meter, so likely just a SFH / Duplex(because it looks like it has 2 entry doors).
Also if you google search for "Tatami Imports toronto", it seems to be a commercial shop at that address. There is a review video which has one of those Japanese doors in the video. That is consistent from the google street view of the address, as you can see that Japanese door inside the glass door in the front. So probably just a commercial play with GND floor being commercial, and upstairs being a resi.

57 Oxford - Couldn't find anything beyond the building permit - "Interior alterations to the first and second floors, and a second floor rear addition".

And thanks for the Kouign amman reco. Will probably try it out in the evening.

Thanks! When you have the pastry ask them to heat it so you get a strong scent of butter as you are about to eat! I look forward to reading the review.

Last edited:
Not Toronto, so I'm not sure if this is acceptable, but the thread doesn't have a Toronto tag. Hamilton has an interesting 6-plex proposed as two triplexes built within a semi detached dwelling at the CoA on Sep 10:

Not Toronto, so I'm not sure if this is acceptable, but the thread doesn't have a Toronto tag. Hamilton has an interesting 6-plex proposed as two triplexes built within a semi detached dwelling at the CoA on Sep 10:

Seems like a very livable layout.

Maybe a new Hamilton Special ;).

Personally, I think we should also revise height limits to allow 3 story structures to have a pitched roofs. These would likely stick out less in the neighbouring context. A lot of the pushback is due to rather hideous modernist designs selected because it fits in the height envelope.

Back