News   Sep 26, 2024
 270     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 800     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 580     0 

Multiplexes

78 Gladstone. 3units+laneway. I put the address into CofA but didn’t get anything which always happens! What am I doing wrong?

IMG_8213.jpeg

IMG_8215.jpeg
IMG_8212.jpeg

A couple in the Leslieville area

47 LAING ST

To alter the existing one-and-one-half-storey detached dwelling by constructing complete second and third storey additions, a three-storey side (south) addition, rear additions to the second and third storeys above a new ground floor deck, and a basement suite with a rear basement walkout. Also, to reconstruct the existing driveway, in the rear yard, abutting Sears Street. There will be a total of two residential dwelling units on this lot (one unit in the basement level and one unit on the ground, second, and third levels).

laing.JPG

202 PAPE AVE

To alter the existing two-and-one-half-storey detached dwelling by constructing a rear two-storey addition, a complete third storey addition, with a front covered porch extension, a rear basement walkout with terrace, a rear ground floor deck, and rear second and third storey balconies. There will be a total of four residential dwelling units on this lot.

papeave.JPG

I put the address into CofA but didn’t get anything which always happens! What am I doing wrong?
Probably just older applications that were approved long ago and files are no longer available. Or as of right apps, so directly went to building permits.

On Oakmount north of Bloor. This is the first example that I have seen of a larger single family house converted into 9 units. Taken 18 September.

That building has an APT building right next to it and this is a super deep and big lot. I wonder whether there was a potential of an even bigger building there considering so much density right next to it.

Is it easier, in theory, to build/modify a 9-plex like the one above due to last year's zoning changes?
Not really. This application was before those policies came into place. Existing house was already a 5 or 7 unit building in this case, but had illegal units.

Last edited:
It's on Lappin west of Dufferin.

Really interesting project. Looks to be two separate lots that were purchased (one of which was, , with two separate multi-plex applications made. A few details

-Triplex on the main building
-Two-storey laneway building
-8 Suites altogether
-Application to CoA October 2023, decision by December 2023, first units had leases signed July, 2024.

This strikes me as really fast to get 8 rental units on the market.

I know that the next 'frontier' of zoning reform is small apartments on residential streets. But isn't this already, in effect, permitted? Based on this project it looks like someone could buy up any two attached semis and build up to 8 units. Could this be done with 3 adjoining properties? 4? Etc etc

The fact that from application to leases signed was only 9 months gives me cautious optimism

Back