News   Apr 23, 2024
 153     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 374     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

New News post from teh REM site. Has some nice renders.

Work begins on the North Shore and in Pierrefonds-Roxboro | REM

"Sample model of an REM rail overpass (O’Brien area in Saint-Laurent)":
1611016065088.png

Station Renderings GIF:
4-GIF%20des%20rendus%20des%20stations%20du%20REM.gif

Attachments

• 1611016074635.png
    1611016074635.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Gosh ... look how tightly they are packed in there. I'm surprised that's legal in a Quebec workplace currently. We can't do that here!

Federal funding was cut for the platform screen doors project of the Orange Line, meaning the project was cancelled.
Damn. Did they give a reason? Is this retaliation for backing out of the airport REM station? I have so many questions...

Damn. Did they give a reason? Is this retaliation for backing out of the airport REM station? I have so many questions...
Seems that the project couldn't be financed through existing programs, plus with transit funds being scarce from the pandemic, it was just stopped. Transit numbers for the next few years will still be under the peak of 2019 so PSDs wouldn't be needed in the mid-term for the Orange Line.

Truly great railcars, very distinctive in Canada . . .

Seems that the project couldn't be financed through existing programs, plus with transit funds being scarce from the pandemic, it was just stopped. Transit numbers for the next few years will still be under the peak of 2019 so PSDs wouldn't be needed in the mid-term for the Orange Line.

I think with REM coming online in YUL, and OL in YYZ we will likely see more pressure to add PSD's on the main systems. Once people have them I am sure there will immediately be more people pushing for them on the rest of networks. And politicians might become more amenable.

As anticipated, the REM should be extended to Laval and replace the previously announced tramway in Longueuil. An official announcement is to come this Winter as the CDPQi is favorable to these new lines but not for a Chambly extension. Construction is not expected to start for many years though.

Laval would have to meet up with the metro too, no? Is an extension of the orange to Carrefour in the cards?

Back