News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

After the Twitter meltdown by Nick Kouvalis tonight, Tory should consider cutting ties with him...
I had to look up what the tweets were about....yikes!
https://twitter.com/NickKouvalis?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

You know, it's far too early to project this, it's been percolating for a few weeks for me, but if Tory plays his cards right, he could be in the running for leadership of what's left of the federal Tories after they rape and murder each other in the name of righteousness. It's certainly not unheard of, as David Crombie can attest, albeit they were vastly more rational days, and the Conservatives and Liberals were yin and yang centrist choices.

Here's a link, btw, for Salsa's quote:
https://news.vice.com/story/trudeau-hits-back-at-trumps-immigration-ban-promises-to-keep-canada-open

Today's TorStar carries this story:
Turnabout could take toll on Kathleen Wynne’s relationship with John Tory
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...hleen-wynnes-relationship-with-john-tory.html

I'm not going to quote from it at this time, hoping for a story later with direct quotes. This story generally fits what I think is believable, but is a case of 'he said, she said' and being spun by both sides. More than anything, it's revealing about the timelines.

Edit to Add:
Here's how wrong some publications can get this story:
[...] Public opinion also appeared to be in favour of road tolls on the DVP and Gardiner. In a poll conduced by Mainstream Research, 70 per cent of Torontonians said they thought tolls were a good idea.

But now it seems that it was perhaps all just political gamesmanship and a crafty move for Tory and City Council to get the funding from the province they initially sought. ]
http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/01/road-tolls-wont-be-coming-dvp-and-gardiner-toronto/

It will be interesting to read a properly researched and directly attributed quote based story.

Last edited:
Not sure how Tory can continue to support Kouvalis after tonight...

FqMYPuMz_normal.jpg
Michelle Pucci
1f453.png
@michellempucci
1 hour ago
QMI says 4 dead, dozen hurt from mosque shooting in Quebec.

He shouldn't support KV, this isn't the reason (without even knowing who is being the shooting).

AoD

Wow, he had his "faith based schools" moment early...

The same thing was said over a dozen times by now. Last time I check, his approval rating is still pretty solid despite all his other "faith based schools" moments. His statement today is not gonna change anything.

What Goldsbie ignores is that the Canadian population, like most of the Western world, favours more control over immigration.

A new Forum Research Inc. poll for the Star shows that Leitch may be tapping into an idea that Canadians favour with 67 per cent saying immigrants should indeed be screened for “anti-Canadian values.”

More importantly for Leitch, the poll shows that the idea is especially popular among Conservative supporters with 87 per cent backing the idea and just 8 per cent opposed compared to 57 per cent support among Liberals and 59 per cent for New Democrat voters.

Ignore voters are your own peril. See Donald Trump. See European elections.

The same thing was said over a dozen times by now. Last time I check, his approval rating is still pretty solid despite all his other "faith based schools" moments. His statement today is not gonna change anything.

Nick apologized on Twitter. I didn't think he would....

Nick apologized on Twitter. I didn't think he would....

Things are hot when your boss(es?) have to answer for your sins at their pressers. Fauxpology is always the best way to cut the controversy. The price of admission (pride) is low, and the value of which, greatly variable.

AoD

Last edited:
What Goldsbie ignores is that the Canadian population, like most of the Western world, favours more control over immigration.

Ignore voters are your own peril. See Donald Trump. See European elections.

What do you mean by "more control"?
Our immigration rate is about 1% of our population per year. The Muslim proportion is a tiny share of that. So far, as a group they have been as hard working, law abiding as any other group, and perhaps more so.
I don't see a problem.

Our immigration rate is about 1% of our population per year. The Muslim proportion is a tiny share of that. So far, as a group they have been as hard working, law abiding as any other group, and perhaps more so.
There is a reason for that, in fairness. They, like all our other immigrants, come in through our tight immigration standards and points system. These aren't random people from the third world, they are from the upper or middle class of their respective countries.

What do you mean by "more control"?
I don't see a problem.

They want a values-test, as the poll I quoted shows. Or this:

diversity-graphic.jpg

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying it's not what most Canadians want.

Back