Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Received a letter from legacy regarding my condo purchase. They would like to have an appointment to determine if I would like any Initial (electrical and plumbing only) changes/upgrades.

The problem is I'm having trouble deciphering the the layout of the electricals provided in the documentation. I was hoping there would be someone kind of enough to let me know if there are any obvious upgrades I should get or should consider.

It would be a bonus if some could also comment on the floor layout like what has been done before by Solaris.

Note: Condo faces south west and these upgrades are only applicable to electrical and plumbing (stainless steel appliances was thrown in upon purchase). There will be another appointment in the future for colour and material upgrades.

Nice layout. Should be a very bright and sunny unit facing SW and with all those windows. That den could almost be used as a 3rd bedroom if needed.

Pot-lights in around living room would work really well. Not yet sure how much will it be for this upgrade (as i suppose it would be very expensive),

However other than that most of them would really depend on what you intend to use at the condo. Do you prefer a shower or a tub ? Do you plan to have a electric fireplace ?

Generally speaking i think the setting that the unit is already coming with as per the diagram versus the unit size seems appropriate but again thats in my opinion only.

The selection will greatly vary primarily given what you definitely need (such as do you think you would bring in another upgraded refrigerator ? if not - why need an extra line for water ? )

Occupancy

Hey Guys, would anyone be able to confirm the occupancy date they have recieved on the agreement of sale for Ultra from 15 floor or above. Mine is 20th and agreement of sale says Dec.2012 but the speed with which Legacy's podium is coming up, it seems to me they will be done quite earlier for Ultra too .. Please share your feedback on occupancy dates for Ultra.

THank You and Happy Holidays to all :)

Hey Guys, would anyone be able to confirm the occupancy date they have recieved on the agreement of sale for Ultra from 15 floor or above. Mine is 20th and agreement of sale says Dec.2012 but the speed with which Legacy's podium is coming up, it seems to me they will be done quite earlier for Ultra too .. Please share your feedback on occupancy dates for Ultra.

THank You and Happy Holidays to all :)

My occupany date is June 2012. I am on the 21st floor.

My occupany date is June 2012. I am on the 21st floor.
Hey Meemee, we might be neighbours as i am on the 21st floor as well however in reality mine is 20th floor, are you the same or is it that you are a floor above me.

Intersting indeed however they have told me the estimated occupancy date would be Dec.2012, assuming I am on the same floor or worst case one floor below you, how could there be such a huge difference in time ? seems like they might be correct in your case, when did you buy the unit ? recently or earlier in 2009 ?

Hey Meemee, we might be neighbours as i am on the 21st floor as well however in reality mine is 20th floor, are you the same or is it that you are a floor above me.

Intersting indeed however they have told me the estimated occupancy date would be Dec.2012, assuming I am on the same floor or worst case one floor below you, how could there be such a huge difference in time ? seems like they might be correct in your case, when did you buy the unit ? recently or earlier in 2009 ?

Hi Seesus,

We are on the same floor :) I bought my unit in April 2009. I checked my agreement again and the estimated closing date is June 2012. I too wonder why there is a difference in closing dates when our units are on the same floor?

Hi Seesus,

We are on the same floor :) I bought my unit in April 2009. I checked my agreement again and the estimated closing date is June 2012. I too wonder why there is a difference in closing dates when our units are on the same floor?

Thats weird. mine clearly says Dec.2012 - this means either of the dates are incorrect or in other words i might have to be ready to get in earlier or you might be getting in late.

Would it be logistically even sensible for them to have a gap of 6 months in occupancy for 2 owners of condos on the same floor !? I am also wondering that obviously now as they are giving occupancy dates of much earlier time in 2012 - should they not communicate and let ( the ones like myself) the buyers know about this as 6 months can make a huge difference of planning !

Thats weird. mine clearly says Dec.2012 - this means either of the dates are incorrect or in other words i might have to be ready to get in earlier or you might be getting in late.

Would it be logistically even sensible for them to have a gap of 6 months in occupancy for 2 owners of condos on the same floor !? I am also wondering that obviously now as they are giving occupancy dates of much earlier time in 2012 - should they not communicate and let ( the ones like myself) the buyers know about this as 6 months can make a huge difference of planning !

When did you buy your unit? Maybe the closing dates make a difference as to when you purchased a unit. Did you receive a welcome letter from Monarch yet?

When did you buy your unit? Maybe the closing dates make a difference as to when you purchased a unit. Did you receive a welcome letter from Monarch yet?

I purchased in late 2008 and have recently received a letter from the customer care person Lorraine that mentioned congratulations on my purchase, I guess thats the same letter you are referring to isnt it ?

I purchased in late 2008 and have recently received a letter from the customer care person Lorraine that mentioned congratulations on my purchase, I guess thats the same letter you are referring to isnt it ?

Yes, that is the same letter. You purchased your condo earlier than me. Let's hope we both get to move into our units on time.

Yes, that is the same letter. You purchased your condo earlier than me. Let's hope we both get to move into our units on time.

A quick question though !? lets say if i am on 30th floor and hence my occupancy is in June however another buyer is on the 7th floor and is getting occupancy in Feb or Mar. Is it possible for the building to get registered prior to me moving in and may be a reason that i might not have to pay phantom rent at all. (just wondering if this is even possible) - excuse me if it sounds stupid to the pros :( I am quite new at all this stuff and am learning from pros here on this forum. Thanks !!

A quick question though !? lets say if i am on 30th floor and hence my occupancy is in June however another buyer is on the 7th floor and is getting occupancy in Feb or Mar. Is it possible for the building to get registered prior to me moving in and may be a reason that i might not have to pay phantom rent at all. (just wondering if this is even possible) - excuse me if it sounds stupid to the pros :( I am quite new at all this stuff and am learning from pros here on this forum. Thanks !!

I think it's possible for the building to be registered before all units are occupied. If there is anyone that can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

well, if residents decided not to move in to their units in their occupancy date than sure the building can be registered before all units are occupied.

Also, the builder may not necessarily sell out all their units but the building may still be registered. However, it is possible but unlikely that the builders would get the building registered first and then have the building occupied or provide an occupancy date after the registration...they'll be taking a loss (ie maintenance fees, taxes, etc).

Either way, Monarch has a track record of 2 months until final registration.

Last edited:

Back