Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

Flat rate. I actually think this is a little much, but i had trouble getting a quote from outside so i caved into going with them.

If enough people are interested I can give the prices for some of the electrical upgrades. I just have to find the paper i wrote it on...

Yes please. When is the very last day for this upgrade option?

Yes please. When is the very last day for this upgrade option?

• Bathroom Counter upgrade height 32' -> 36" $160
  • In shower/tub bathroom light $328
  • Cap Light $216
  • Switch for additional lighting $200
  • Potlight (MR16) $336
  • New TV outlet $356
  • Relocate TV outlet $160
  • Convert tub to shower $1920
  • New Electrical outlet $232
  • Relocate Electrical outlet $160
  • Plywood backing/support for TV $160
  • In wall Conduit for TV $256
  • Valence lighting for kitchen counter top $1000

Notes:
  • Stainless steel appliances are fridgid air. You can get a voucher from the brick (I think) if you want a different brand.
  • If you have a thermostat in a bedroom chances are that room DOES NOT have opening windows. I found this out recently...

There were a couple of other things i inquired about but the prices where just to much to even bother writing down.

Last day for Legacy upgrades is Feburary 22

All this applies to Legacy, I'm assuming Ultra will be either similar or even more expensive....

Finishes

Has anyone else received a notice to book their appointment for the selection of finishes?

What is everyone else planning to choose in terms of standard finishes/upgrades? Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to add a kitchen island?

Yep, mine is next week. Everyone is saying get smooth ceiling, so may look into that. Also want to upgrade the kitchen appliances to stainless steel and a bigger fridge if possible because they are giving me the spacesaver ones. Maybe under mount kitchen sink and hardwood floor. If anyone knows the approx cost of all of these, would be appreciated.

Has anyone else received a notice to book their appointment for the selection of finishes?

What is everyone else planning to choose in terms of standard finishes/upgrades? Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to add a kitchen island?

While I can't comment on prices for your particular project, I can tell you that at Aria the cost to upgrade to undermount sink was about $500 (price includes the cost of the new sink, as well as labour to install and polish/finish the granite counter).

The cost for the smooth ceiling was quite ridiculous at approximately $4.00 per square foot. Hopefully Monarch will be more reasonable with this upgrade.

My Agent has all the details for Yorkland...I got one in Ultra...now thinking about getting one here too due to the crazy incentives...ends VERY soon (cannot disclose)....

Hi guys,

I bought Bryant 637 Legacy at Heron's Hill. I am so frustrated about the delay of the closing date. Now the tenative closing date was from Dec, 2009 to Mar 31, 2010. I am wondering if I can get any addendum because of the delay. By the way, is anyone who also bought Legacy around? I want to share some information.

thanks,

Honford

Delays are expected. When did you get this notice?

Hi guys,

I bought Bryant 637 Legacy at Heron's Hill. I am so frustrated about the delay of the closing date. Now the tenative closing date was from Dec, 2009 to Mar 31, 2010. I am wondering if I can get any addendum because of the delay. By the way, is anyone who also bought Legacy around? I want to share some information.

thanks,

Honford

2 years delay

Delays are expected. When did you get this notice?

Two years delay is expected??? It totally screws up my planning. So you mean there is no way to have addendum. I got the notice from this year. And also, I heard that there will be a tunnel from Ultra to Fairview Mall. I am wondering Legacy also has access to the tunnel as well?

Where are you getting your info? Did you buy your unit from assignment and got misleading info? By no means am I trying to defend the builder but no way it has been delayed for 2 years. You know this is a building and not a house right?

Two years delay is expected??? It totally screws up my planning. So you mean there is no way to have addendum. I got the notice from this year. And also, I heard that there will be a tunnel from Ultra to Fairview Mall. I am wondering Legacy also has access to the tunnel as well?

The Sheppard East LRT line is to be tunnelled from the Don Mills station under the 404 emerging from a portal west of Consumers Road - I suspect this is where the comment regarding a tunnel from Ultra to Fairview Mall may have come from.

The Monarch development borders on the south side of Sheppard, beside the LRT line, resulting in the need to consult with, and have TTC approval for the construction process. The timeframes for the Heron's Hill development were such that it would have been caught up in the change by the TTC from a Subway to an LRT under Sheppard. While the change may not have made much difference to the Heron's Hill building, it probably would have delayed the whole TTC review and sign-off process, potentially delaying the start of shoring and excavation. As an example of the TTC ability to impact a project - demolition of the parking garage structure for the Milan (Church, just east of Yonge) project is currently hold due to TTC objections - after (from what I was told) the TTC had already reviewed and signed-off on the demolition permit.

AHK

Back