Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

well, if residents decided not to move in to their units in their occupancy date than sure the building can be registered before all units are occupied.
Either way, Monarch has a track record of 2 months until final registration.

Hey Luxome, In case of different floors having different occupancy dates listed for buyers, and the difference is more than 2 months (assuming 2 months is when Monarch will try and get this registration completed)- chance would be that by the time the owners of higher floors move in, building will be registered.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this ever before with any builder ?

yup. i received an occupancy date that was almost 5 months after the guys on the lower floor (2nd floor). So my guess is that the builder will likely send out a more accurate occupancy date from the lower floor up as time gets closer.

So i guess generally, people on the lower floor will likely have a longer occupancy period before the building gets registered.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

So i guess generally, people on the lower floor will likely have a longer occupancy period before the building gets registered. please correct me if i'm wrong.

i am guessing what you are saying is correct, can any one please confirm if they have been through the experience of being at a higher floor and paying less of the phantom rent only because they moved in months after occupancy happened for the people at the lower floors ?

i am guessing what you are saying is correct, can any one please confirm if they have been through the experience of being at a higher floor and paying less of the phantom rent only because they moved in months after occupancy happened for the people at the lower floors ?

We expect to move into our new condominium (550 Wellington) in the mid-to-late March timeframe, so I would expect that we would be paying phantom rent for a smaller number of months than those who moved in mid-December. As to the absolute amount of rent - if that is what is meant by 'less' - well ours is a larger unit, so while there would be fewer payments, the total amount paid in phantom rent may turn out to be more than paid by others who were in the building earlier. I suspect this may happen in other buildings with larger units on the last to be occupied upper floors.

AHK

Upgrades in Ultra !

not me...i got a looongg way to wait....i'm in ultra :D

Luxome, I am in Ultra as well, Am quite new to the condo purchasing and am curious if you had any upgrades you might be going in for in Ultra suite- understanding that its personal preference ofcourse, however was wondering if there is a 'must get' kind of upgrade in Ultra, something that i thought i would ask to see if you have thought of.

I've purchased a unit in Legacy and expect to receive the unit in April 2011.

I've only so far been offered to select Electrical upgrades with the Finishing upgrades to be selected at a later date.

The only upgrades I've requested are increasing both bathroom sinks to be 36" from 32" which cost $160 each and installing TV wall mount upgrade ($800) which includes relocating tv cable, adding electrical outlet, plywood behind dry wall support and in wall wire conduit.

Don't even think about getting potlights ($350 each) since they will need to reduce your ceiling height by 1 foot unless you live on the top floor where it is a dropped ceiling.

Everything they offer is ridiculously expensive, so I plan on getting an electrician in to do the work for me at quarter of the cost. I've received estimates from calling around. The monarch rep was telling me that i should ask for pricing outside since they recognize the overpriced upgrades.

On Page 11 of this thread there is the list of possible electrical upgrades.

My mouth dropped when they told me how much below kitchen cabinet valence light costs....

Last edited:
April 2011? Was this the original expected move in date they gave you? Maybe you are on the higher floor.

I always thought the upgrade decision of sinks and stuff like that are done at the Finishing selection stage?

I've only so far been offered to select Electrical upgrades with the Finishing upgrades to be selected at a later date.

The only upgrades I've requested are increasing both bathroom sinks to be 36" from 32" which cost $160 each and installing TV wall mount upgrade ($800) which includes relocating tv cable, adding electrical outlet, plywood behind dry wall support and in wall wire conduit.

Don't even think about getting potlights ($350 each) since they will need to reduce your ceiling height by 1 foot unless you live on the top floor where it is a dropped ceiling.

Everything they offer is ridiculously expensive, so I plan on getting an electrician in to do the work for me at quarter of the cost. I've received estimates from calling around. The monarch rep was telling me that i should ask for pricing outside since they recognize the overpriced upgrades.

On Page 11 of this thread there is the list of possible electrical upgrades.

My mouth dropped when they told me how much below kitchen cabinet valence light costs....

It's not the original move in date. It has been pushed back. I belive it was originally September 2010.
I was not able to select sinks in this stage, refer to page 11 of this thread for a list of possible Electrical only upgrades.

April 2011? Was this the original expected move in date they gave you? Maybe you are on the higher floor.

I always thought the upgrade decision of sinks and stuff like that are done at the Finishing selection stage?

What floor are you on? Podium or the tower? The last notice I received for move in date was Dec 2010, when did you get the notice for April 2011? That sucks if it were true. Thought Monarch was pretty good with minimal delays, now it looks like two delays.

It's not the original move in date. It has been pushed back. I belive it was originally September 2010.
I was not able to select sinks in this stage, refer to page 11 of this thread for a list of possible Electrical only upgrades.

tv mount

Installing TV wall mount upgrade ($800) which includes relocating tv cable, adding electrical outlet, plywood behind dry wall support and in wall wire conduit..

I think i might be looking forward for at least this upgrade (TV MOUNT) as well - $800 sounds reasonable for all this however was there any negotiation involved or was it pretty much of a flat rate type of thing ?

Last notice was within the last 6 months. I'm in the tower on the 20 something'th floor.

What floor are you on? Podium or the tower? The last notice I received for move in date was Dec 2010, when did you get the notice for April 2011? That sucks if it were true. Thought Monarch was pretty good with minimal delays, now it looks like two delays.

Flat rate. I actually think this is a little much, but i had trouble getting a quote from outside so i caved into going with them.

If enough people are interested I can give the prices for some of the electrical upgrades. I just have to find the paper i wrote it on...

I think i might be looking forward for at least this upgrade (TV MOUNT) as well - $800 sounds reasonable for all this however was there any negotiation involved or was it pretty much of a flat rate type of thing ?

Back