Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

I have heard the banging noise as well. I've been wondering where the noise is coming from. In the last day or two the noise has been more frequent. I don't hear it late at night but sometimes in the morning.

I have heard the banging noise as well. I've been wondering where the noise is coming from. In the last day or two the noise has been more frequent. I don't hear it late at night but sometimes in the morning.

Hi Meemee, what floor are you at ?

We definitely are talking about the same noise as what you have mentioned is exactly what i encounter as well. The noise went away during the nights of Christmas but has now returned as of last night. I am wondering if the noise is being created due to some mechanical components hitting each other such as elevator or pipes etc due to extreme cold as if someone is hitting something to make this noise (as it is quite loud)- they must be really insensitive to the neighbours and their own comfort.

Hi Meemee, what floor are you at ?

We definitely are talking about the same noise as what you have mentioned is exactly what i encounter as well. The noise went away during the nights of Christmas but has now returned as of last night. I am wondering if the noise is being created due to some mechanical components hitting each other such as elevator or pipes etc due to extreme cold as if someone is hitting something to make this noise (as it is quite loud)- they must be really insensitive to the neighbours and their own comfort.

Water hammer may be? Could it be a mechanical structural problem with pipes not fastened correctly?

Hi Zaindo. I am on the 21st Floor. What floor are you on?

Did anyone hear that same banging noise last night? It was non stop the entire night. Very frustrating. If it is indeed a water hammer issue can something be done about it?

Hi Zaindo. I am on the 21st Floor. What floor are you on?

Did anyone hear that same banging noise last night? It was non stop the entire night. Very frustrating. If it is indeed a water hammer issue can something be done about it?

Most condos had the noise, it's frost quakes. Nothing wrong with your specific building. Many of my friends and I were up all night because of it. Started in my building and others on December 24th.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...o-create-public-record-of-cold-weather-booms/

"Frost quakes"? Probably something Al Gore came up with.

I don't live in the Heron Hill's community, but I did venture to Subway one time and found my experience to be quite interesting. Does the community not have a "drop off" for visitors anywhere? Also, it was weird that I walked through an underground garage to get from Subway to the "visitor parking" (rather, dirt pile with steel beams seperating the parking). Doesn't seem too well thought out.

"Frost quakes"? Probably something Al Gore came up with.

I don't live in the Heron Hill's community, but I did venture to Subway one time and found my experience to be quite interesting. Does the community not have a "drop off" for visitors anywhere? Also, it was weird that I walked through an underground garage to get from Subway to the "visitor parking" (rather, dirt pile with steel beams seperating the parking). Doesn't seem too well thought out.

The drop off is inside the parking lot and yes it a bit not what i have seen as norm. On the positive side - it is covered parking for visitors so all good in weather like this. The steel beams you saw must be separation between commercial and residential parking. Segregation in parking otherwise is not that bad. Its just plain too many parking visitor parking spots and quite a lot of divisions within the lot which makes it "interesting" :)

Once you get to the purely residential parking zone which is 2 levels under - Its gets much better.

for building Legacy's virtual lofts (stairs and hang-ups level), how many feet is the total unit height?

Back