Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

9f87fc16-9232-4ad0-bd67-f85007aec150_floorPlan.jpg

Vista 713 suite:

CONs
  • long entry hallway (10-13ft) wasted sq.ft.
  • 9' x 9' interior bedroom with no exterior window is really small
  • linear kitchens aren't very efficient for cooking and this one also has very little counter space and lower cabinet storage space - only 2 small banks probably not even 9" wide on either side of stove.
  • kitchen area impedes into living/dining space and restricts options for furniture placement.
    At the top of the LR on the left side, it is only 6ft wide - that provides only enough space for either a loveseat or media center depending on which side of the LR you want it.
    Dining area (10' x 12') in front of linear kitchen will be a high traffic space, so you may want to have banquet seating along the right wall.

Thanks for the input!

You can't really expect too much living in a condo. :) You just have to buy small furnitures and try not to buy too much stuff. =P

That's not necessarily true. In small spaces like condos layout is key. The above unit layout is terrible. That interior bedroom is a huge waste of space. I certainly wouldn't want to have a bedroom next to the kitchen and with no natural light. It's basically a large den.

As pointed out there foyer is long and wastes space, and the kitchen is not usable at all due to lack of counter-top and cabinet space.

Small spaces force you to buy smaller furniture but if done right you can fit quite a lot if the furniture is small and multi-purpose, e.g. a sofabed, or a bed with storage under-neath.

Small spaces force you to buy smaller furniture but if done right you can fit quite a lot if the furniture is small and multi-purpose, e.g. a sofabed, or a bed with storage under-neath.

+1

Its all about layout and how you work out your furniture setting given the space. seeing that so many condos being built in toronto and are all small (assuming that generally accepted definition of small is around 500 sqft nowadays )generalizing that there is not much living that can be done in a condo imo is not appropriate. People here continue to buy smaller and smaller spaces which has created a new trend in all over GTA condos infact to a point where builders aint building too many 1300+sqft condos any more.

and once again there are personal preferences that play a huge role in such utilization of smaller spaces. Some may be still fond of having acres of space to live in, though quite a few just need cozy setting to enjoy living in.

I think those white lines in the above image are just rendering 'junk' created when the image was regenerated

Hi Solaris,

I've been following your pros/cons breakdowns of various units - and like everyone else, I find them incredibly insightful. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Bryant 637 (Legacy) floorplan when you have time?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this post in; but does anyone who live in the area know if there are good schools around this location. May be what other are the pros of the area.

1. Hospital (there is one pretty close)
2. Mall (Fairview - ofcourse)
3. Library (there is one right behing fairview mall)
4. Schools ??
5. Parks (biking trails etc) ???
6. Community Centers etc ??

Any an all information will be great :)

Thanks
S

Hi Solaris,

I've been following your pros/cons breakdowns of various units - and like everyone else, I find them incredibly insightful. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Bryant 637 (Legacy) floorplan when you have time?

Thanks!

82ad49a4-8a46-48b1-9e56-72f86c748d5d_static.jpg

krispy ... I'm happy to hear that my comments are benefitial (in some way) :D

With respect to the Bryant 637 Suite in Legacy, my thoughts are as follows:

PROs
  • I like that living/dining room size (16'9" x 14'3", after discounting 2' for kitchen cabinetry), and it seems do-able for furniture placements too given the doors locations were well thought out to allow free wall space to put furniture up against
  • given the small kitchen size, counter space is better than what I expected
  • walk-in closet is a jewel
  • normally washer/dryer in the bedroom is a bad idea (due to noise), however since this is a 1 bedroom suite, having the laundry right in your room serves as a convenience (heck, you don't even need a laundry basket!)

CONs
  • approx. 10 feet long hallway upon entry into suite, wasted space + uninviting first impression (how many times can I beat this topic LOL :p)
  • lack of balcony privacy which connects to adjacent balcony separated only be a 'screen'
  • linear kitchens tend to be not as functional, and given it basically an integrated part of the living/dining room, you'll always have to keep it spotless

All in all, I would consider this unit as a decent layout... definitely better than some of the other 1B or 1B+D units in Ultra ~

In addition, I believe there was a previous post which examines the Ultimo 665 Suite in Ultra, which is a somewhat similar layout as the above unit which may provide some insight as well (but between Bryant 637 and Ultimo 665, I would like the 637 a whole lot more~ good luck :)

Wow Solaris, your pretty good with your pros & cons, I would start charging a fee for your feed back if I were you ;)

I wish builders would review their condo layouts to ensure maximum use of space!

some things i'd like to add, Bryant 637 Suite in Legacy:

CONs
  • linear kitchen only provides 4ft of counterspace.
  • living/dining room size is actually smaller at 13'9" x 11'3" than 16'9" x 14'3" listed by Solaris when traffic pattern is taken into account.
  • walk-in closet door should be placed on opposite side as that will give you another wall about 4' - 5 ' wide to place things.
    if you buy this unit, get it changed by the developer for free with your PSA !
  • bedroom only provides one wall to place bed, unless you are okay with it against the window.

Last edited:
Solaris - thank you so much for your insight & analysis! I actually bought this unit earlier this year and it's been somewhat nerve-wracking since it's my first property. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease a little!

I agree with all your points (btw - I absolutely l-o-v-e the walk-in closet. And I'm seriously considering transforming the pantry into an additional shoe closet haha!)

cdr108 - thanks for your input too! Can I ask you to elaborate on why the living area would be reduced due to 'traffic pattern'?

And also - I like the walk-in closet door suggestion! It's too bad I didn't think of it when negotiating the agreement! I'll have to see how much it will cost me....

Solaris - thank you so much for your insight & analysis! I actually bought this unit earlier this year and it's been somewhat nerve-wracking since it's my first property. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease a little!

I agree with all your points (btw - I absolutely l-o-v-e the walk-in closet. And I'm seriously considering transforming the pantry into an additional shoe closet haha!)

cdr108 - thanks for your input too! Can I ask you to elaborate on why the living area would be reduced due to 'traffic pattern'?

And also - I like the walk-in closet door suggestion! It's too bad I didn't think of it when negotiating the agreement! I'll have to see how much it will cost me....

hi krispy,

i refer to 'traffic pattern' being the path that one would take walking back/forth in the unit.

ie. draw a line from the front door to your kitchen, kitchen to bath, kitchen to bedroom, bath to bedroom, bedroom to kitchen, bedroom to front door, etc ... that would be your main traffic pattern.

there will be some lines that cut across your LR/DR; however, with the furniture there, it would direct traffic around it.

Attachments

• bryant 637.jpg
    bryant 637.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this post in; but does anyone who live in the area know if there are good schools around this location. May be what other are the pros of the area.

1. Hospital (there is one pretty close)
2. Mall (Fairview - ofcourse)
3. Library (there is one right behing fairview mall)
4. Schools ??
5. Parks (biking trails etc) ???
6. Community Centers etc ??

Any an all information will be great :)

Thanks
S

It would be great if anyones who have lived in the area or know the area well could pitch in. I think the availability of above mentioned in the area can greatly help the condo buyers to make a quick decision. any information on these anyones ?

Back