Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

It would be great if anyones who have lived in the area or know the area well could pitch in. I think the availability of above mentioned in the area can greatly help the condo buyers to make a quick decision. any information on these anyones ?

I don't live exactly right at that area but I live pretty close by for 15 years. Maybe I can provide some info that will be useful to you. Good luck!

1. Hospital - North York General Hospital at Leslie and Sheppard
2. Mall - Fairview (no supermarket), Peanut Plaza, Finch/Don Mills (both with supermarket), Bayview Village
3. Library - right next to Fairview Mall
4. Schools - Georges Vanier S. S., Forest Manor Public School
5. Parks - not sure around Heron's Hill, but there's one at Parkway Forest
6. Community Centers - again, not sure if there will be one at Heron's hill, but there's one at Parkway Forest (i.e. game courts, child care)

c78616b1-db55-414e-8c3b-cc9ac95411af_floorPlan.jpg

Vista 722 suite

Seems like monarch has update their website with the inventory they have left of Ultra and 722 seems to be doing quite good actually, its reaching 301K + mark now due to all the lower ones sold. Any one has more insight of actually how many %age units are sold out in Ultra ?

Progress on Legacy construction seems to be really going pretty efficiently. quite a lot of work seems like its being done on LEgacy side of the project !

Could I get a review on the 557 sqft model. I bought it back in July. I thought it was a pretty nice floorplan with no major space being wasted.

This is my first condo. I just graduated from Chemical Engineering in April!

Can't wait until 2012!

Could I get a review on the 557 sqft model. I bought it back in July. I thought it was a pretty nice floorplan with no major space being wasted.

This is my first condo. I just graduated from Chemical Engineering in April!

Can't wait until 2012!
Congratulations. I wanted to buy 557 too but they sold out in August...

^ ^ ^
welcome ... can you please post the floorplan. thanks

3eaf5d6f-4c07-4f00-8e3f-888e37032472_floorPlan.jpg

Could I get a review on the 557 sqft model. I bought it back in July. Can't wait until 2012!

Hey Desigunit, would you mind sharing what is the estimated occupancy date on your agreement of sale ? and what floor you are on !?

557 assessment:

PROS:
  • overall the suite layout is good;
  • 5ft of main entry closet;
  • compact efficient kitchen layout with added pantry storage;
  • LR is approx 10'9" x 10'9";
  • bedroom has ~6ft of closet space, however, that could be extended to 7.5ft;
  • nice wide full suite balcony accessible from LR and bedroom

CONS:
  • pantry and laundry share same space so remember to keep detergent products tightly sealed to prevent vapours from leeching into food;
  • bedroom door opening into LR;
  • bathroom door opening into LR/DR/kitchen;
  • balcony shared with units on both sides and only divided by 'privacy screen'

RECOMMENDATIONS: (see crude drawing attached)
  • use 2ft x 4ft table for dining and extra countertop space in 'kitchen' area;
  • move bedroom entry door from LR to the bathroom wall, and extend the partition wall b/t LR and bedroom to provide more usuable wall space from current ~4.5 ft to ~ 7ft as this will allow more flexibility for furniture placement;
  • move washroom door to the right by 3ft so it doesn't open directly to kitchen;
  • some may consider that 3ft x 3ft as dead space; however, it already is only used by the bathroom entry. IMO the rearrangement of bed + bath doors allows more usuable wall space and is esthetically + hygenically better.

Attachments

• 3eaf5d6f-4c07-4f00-8e3f-888e37032472_floorPlan.jpg
    3eaf5d6f-4c07-4f00-8e3f-888e37032472_floorPlan.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 280
July 2012 but she said you should add a few weeks since they move in a floor at a time.

my unit will be north facing and it is on the 14th floor

thanks for the review! how much do you think it would cost for those types of changed to the floorplan? I wish I had an extra den just for storage and to hideaway computer and some books... but i think its a great value for the space and the location.

July 2012 but she said you should add a few weeks since they move in a floor at a time.

my unit will be north facing and it is on the 14th floor

thanks for the review! how much do you think it would cost for those types of changed to the floorplan? I wish I had an extra den just for storage and to hideaway computer and some books... but i think its a great value for the space and the location.

sorry, i don't know how much a builder will charge for some changes like that.
it can vary dramatically ... some are reasonable and others are outrageous.

does the unit have 8ft or 9ft ceilings?
what kind of furniture do you have/expect to get?
how many books do you have and is your computer a laptop or desktop?
i suggest you maximize the use of your vertical space (ie walls) .

Monarch has posted this under "Calendar" on the Ultra site:
Construction on this building has not begun yet, keep checking back for further construction updates. This building is currently over 75% sold out.

They updated the Legacy Calendar too, although Im not sure when they posted this new PDF:
http://www.monarchgroup.net/misc/newsletter/Legacy08-09.pdf

Good update from Monarch ! Does anyone know if the occupancy dates on Lecgacy are still expected to be on time and not be delayed ?

Back