News   Jul 15, 2024
 731     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Hyatt on King West (Holiday Inn remake) COMPLETE

If you yanked that building out of there and put it on the deck of one of the new giant cruise ships, it would fit right in.

Now that you mention it...

If you squint while looking at the photo of the building, the facade looks kinda like the face of an insect.

I love how most hotels these days brag about putting plasma or lcd tv's into suites, yet they forget about adding an HD signal so most of the time the picture is worse than before.
In fairness to the hotels, a huge proportion of people also strangely buy HD TVs and then never order HD channels.

We can only hope the Hyatt Regency does better than this former Hyatt Regency:

Points for whoever can figure out which Hyatt Regency I am referring to.

large_20080411_CHARACTERinnSALE2.jpg

Though compared to the kind of LoPo commonplace of today, I find its Yacht Rock-era late-modernity wistful...

Scaffolding came down today to reveal primer-grey painted tiles on the first two stories.

i just noticed this today...

is the plan to paint the whole thing that colour?

hopefully not ~ (that whole massive bulky structure in grey?) ... I dare to say the status quo 'white' would be better off ? :confused:

No, they stopped at the base and then took down all the scaffolding. I think the paint might just be a primer.

They painted around the signage and other things stuck to the building, then they removed the signage and other things, and then painted over the white spots left...without sanding first....looks like crap.

Wow... I hope that is primer. I was one of the few who liked the building as is: white and curvy....

I think that the best solution would have been to replace the metal tiles with opaque frosted white glass panels. Like this:
iac-frank-gehry.jpg

Back