News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 664     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Pickering GO on Wednesday:

UB8ZemK.jpg

WkVjrjq.jpg

Doesn't Newmarket station have a curved platform?

Not only Newmarket, but Bradford and Maple are just as bad. Also Streetsville, Niagara Fall's and even Union station platforms 26 & 27 are curved enough to require the CSA to monitor the portion of the platforms not directly visible to them via an overhead tv screen located at the mini ramp before closing the train doors.

Me & TOfan were just being sarcastic, since GO insists they cannot build a platform on a curve. A reason they used to dismiss a possible station at Liberty village.

Basically it is possible but not to the current standards they use for stations. Not only in terms of curvature but for platform widths as there will be little room for the full width platforms they now build with 8 tracks and a bike path planned for the corridor.

Acton has a curved platform, and it's "new" - well, not new as there was a GO stop there for a short period in the 1990s and was the location of the Grand Trunk/CN station, but it was built from scratch and opened less than two years ago. It has monitors by the mini-platform. GO can deal with curved platforms if they want to. (Or use it as an excuse when they don't want to.)

thats bus service... Even places like Port Perry have all day bus service. I (or at least I though i did) clearly mean all day train service. in the very schedule you linked to the trains end at aldershot except for 4 daily trips as I previously mentioned. Hamilton currently gets the same quality of mid day service that Bowmanville gets.

The new controlled signals at Aurora today were being turned to face the tracks. Perhaps final preparations for CTC activation?

Just out of curiosity, is Bradford a soon to be CTC controlled location as well? It would serve as a good point between Aurora and Painswick, and I wasn't sure if GO decided to turn the rarely used siding there into CTC for future service.

Just out of curiosity, is Bradford a soon to be CTC controlled location as well? It would serve as a good point between Aurora and Painswick, and I wasn't sure if GO decided to turn the rarely used siding there into CTC for future service.

The line will be CTC all the way to Painswick.

I'm aware of that. I was just wondering if Bradford is to be a controlled location(absolute), or if the second track there is to remain a service track. Painswick to Aurora seems a long way with just intermediate signals.

Back