News   Apr 25, 2024
 627     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 519     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 765     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

thats the planned rollout from the transit panel, I'd take the dates with a bit of salt.

Oh....I might, then, even tone down your description and suggest it is the recommended rollout from the panel. Despite the panel's assertions and suggestions, the government and the Minister denied the panel had any mandate in determining which projects were built and when.

Yup, that's my point. The delivery schedule is before a lot of the AD2W improvements in the Next Wave are supposed to come online. That would seem to indicate some kind of incremental increase in service between current levels and AD2W on all lines.
I'd think they already have enough equipment for AD2W on most of the lines. The extra equipment is surely to meet peak demands.

Note, that while this 65-car order arrives in 2016 and 2017, that GO is currently receiving a 60-car order from 2013 to 2015. Here's the news about that from 18 months ago - http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...d-bilevel-coaches-ordered-for-go-transit.html

Anyone know what's going on with the Richmond hill extension to stouffville road? I wasn't aware that it was funded but the go website says it's opening I 2014. It's also not listed in expansion projects, you have to go to the EA section to find it. It also isn't very clear whether the east rail facility includes the bowmanville extension or if it's just te matienence facility.

Anyone know what's going on with the Richmond hill extension to stouffville road? I wasn't aware that it was funded but the go website says it's opening I 2014. It's also not listed in expansion projects, you have to go to the EA section to find it. It also isn't very clear whether the east rail facility includes the bowmanville extension or if it's just te matienence facility.

Gormley (Stouffville Rd) is scheduled for 2015.
In Durham, only the maintenance facility is funded. The Bowmanville extension is unfunded.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but just stumbled upon this on Metrolinx's Flickr...

12223074484_4f5060eb13_z.jpg

It's a rendering for Hamilton's new James North Station.

Attachments

• 12223074484_4f5060eb13_z.jpg
    12223074484_4f5060eb13_z.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 476

Back