News   Jul 18, 2024
 864     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 773     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 577     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I would say yes as it provides service where rail will not not meet riders needs as well local transit, let alone GO rail service.

There is no service by local transit on Derry Rd connecting Milton and Mississauga now other than GO.

Perhaps GO should provide some service for Malton as well, since the TTC refuses to extend its bus routes (36B, 37A) a mere 2km across the border to Westwood Mall. I say 20-30 minute service along Finch to the subway should be enough for starters.

Perhaps GO should provide some service for Malton as well, since the TTC refuses to extend its bus routes (36B, 37A) a mere 2km across the border to Westwood Mall. I say 20-30 minute service along Finch to the subway should be enough for starters.

It's situations like this that will hopefully be rectified under the new Metrolinx legislation using the Transportation Policy Statements.

GO Is also going to replace the bridge over Yonge St in Aurora and will award the contract of $1.77 Million at Thursday meeting.

This is for the Barrie line.

The bridge was built in 1940 and is in poor condition.

The bridge will be replace over the weekend with Yonge traffic on detour.

Wow. That's interesting. The word was that CN held onto the corridor due to Blue 22 - CN wanted the share of the monies paid for improvements and running rights.
You know, I have to wonder if at some point the word "expropriation" is getting mentioned to the railroads.

You know, I have to wonder if at some point the word "expropriation" is getting mentioned to the railroads.

Wouldn't that have to happen on the federal level? I don't see Harper's Conservatives going for that.

Good news!

What does it do for them that they couldn't do with just paying more rent to CN? If CN really only runs 3 trains a day on there, could more rail time not have been rented instead of spending $160MM of valuable capital...or do I not get it?

I think they went screw it, lets end this mess now.

If the railroads are in the same place as most companies at the moment, selling assets for a good price, is in their benefit. So they may be more willing to give up such assets now, than they normally are.

Should speed it up I'd think, given the proponent of the EA (Metrolinx) will now control GO, and own the track.

This sale is excellent news for the future of all transit in this corridor since it cuts down on the number of players with their fingers in the pie...

Imagine if GO/Metrolinx builds Blue22 and is the owner/operator. The possibilities on transit efficiencies could definitely be worth the effort of having only one owner/operator on this ROW.

Last edited:

Back