News   Aug 08, 2024
 19     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 558     1 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 427     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Long term having a station between PC and Long Branch could make sense with the high frequencies available on the line, just tough to see a good place to build it right now.
The only viable place I'm seeing is 1095 Strathy Ave, a commercial building south of the tracks adjacent to (the disused portion of ) the hydro corridor to Lakeview Village. It would make a good walkable / cyclable connection!

I actually like Jack Landau in my opinion, every time I’ve had a BlogTO article written on something I did he’s always asked for permission and more in-depth detail on anything I’ve made.

I don't dislike Jack............I do wish he would be more courteous in acknowledging when others break news before him, and when he utilizes their insights to inform his writing.

I'm glad you feel like he's treated you well.

The one that was posted today was written by Becky Robertson, who always writes the typical BlogTO garb

Jack is an Editor at BlogTO, not just a writer, he is responsible for more than his own content.

1723146219016.png

Bro, calm down. Seriously.

@reaperexpress is likely quite calm, if marginally exasperated.

Show me where MX stated this.

Where have they not stated this?

The original base service model for GO Expansion/RER has long been public and widely discussed including here on this forum.

The base model is service every 15M all-day on the Lakeshore corridor, with supplementary express service, and overlapping Niagara service west of Union.

Additionally, discussed here also is that the new service agreement taking affect in January actually envisions meaningfully higher levels of service.

Let me direct you to this post:

It shows the modelling done for Union Station with service levels indicated.

The intention is for quite frequent service on the core of the network.

There are most posts on this point after, so don't just stop with the linked post, scroll forward a bit.

Bro, calm down. Seriously.

Show me where MX stated this.
I'm simply frustrated about how you actively ignore all of the evidence and arguments that contradict your assertions, and instead just repeat the same talking points. If you deny the existance of GO's expansion plans why didn't you say so? How am I supposed to know why you keep repeating your claims after they have been disproven? This is a discussion forum, so we're trying to have a discussion. If you ignore everything that contradicts your argument and proceed to repeat the argument unchanged, that's not a discussion. That's just shouting into the void.

I didn't think that the plans for all-day express service on LSW needed to be cited because it's been consistently stated in every RER or GO Expansion plan ever. I can't be arsed to look up this basic fact but I'm sure you can satifsy yourself by looking at literally any GO Expansion business case document.

Last edited:

Back