News   Apr 25, 2024
 62     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

How is it a bad thing? No one is forcing you to stay on the 407 West bus to Unionville...you can still get off at Hwy 407 Station and catch a 407 East bus if you wish.
If the routes are separated at hwy 407 station, you don't need to wait 5 mins for the Presto card no double-tapping restriction.

If the routes are separated at hwy 407 station, you don't need to wait 5 mins for the Presto card no double-tapping restriction.
But the routes still are separated at 407 station. You could pretend the 45 doesn't continue to Unionville, and keep doing what you do today.

This service change is not that interesting but still something. I will definitely say that the now bi-hourly trips on the 34, 61, 90 and 96 will probably screw over some essential workers. In fact most of these changes are not what we expected to have

-Lakeshore and Kitchener trains get a 15-30 minute frequency during rush hour, while the rest of the day gets every half hour-hourly frequency. we get the evening trains back on the kitchener line. All the other corridors get every hourly during rush hour which is kind of disappointing. Barrie and Stouffville gets their weekend GO trains back which is exciting imo so that makes up for it

- There still is no 12B or weekday niagara train in sight (sigh)
- 16 will not be getting it’s regular schedule back (it’s really a bad day for the LW corridor)
- 19 stays the same for the most part
- 21 gets the 5:10AM eastbound trip restored
- 25 and 27 remain the same for the most part
- 29 gets the 9:40PM Guelph-Sq One trip cut
- 30 gets new stops at the Meadowvale business park and that is actually great for missisauga residents so we don’t have to always take the 25 to kitchener anymore. Probably one of my favorite changes
- 31,32 and 33 stay the same for the most part with little changes to make better KW train connections
-34 i already talked about
-36 still sadly stays the same to every hour frequency
-37 and 38 gets some of the trips/adjustments back (pretty nice for the KW corridor altogether)
- 40 gets its 30 minute rush hour frequency back
- The 45 gets extended to RMC and Unionville which i find is amazing for missisauga residents and another favorite change of mine definitely
- Every 15 minute (ish) service between Hwy 407 Station - Trafalgar Park and Ride via the 46 and 47 is back but only during rush hour, once again it’s inconsistent ranging from 30 minutes to 45 minutes, back to 15-20 minutes per trip (but square one to hwy 407 is pretty much more consistent and frequent overall thanks to the 40 and 45)
- 52 gets an amazing extension to oshawa go station, finally linking the lakeshore east train to the main 407 east go bus
- Nothing else too interesting from the 407 east buses
- Richmond hill and stouffville corridors get little changes here and there except for that 61 2 hour frequency i talked about
- 81 and 88 gets adjustments to connect to LE trains and there’s a new 88A running on weekday rush hours that will primarily serve newcastle, and the park and rides near it
- 90 i already talked about but it makes sense kind of
- 91 gets some of its stops replaced by the 88A
-92 also gets an extension to oshawa go station, making both the main 401 and 407 go buses to complete this corridor
- Theres a new Route 94 which will go from Pickering to Square One, giving some inconsistent same time trips and some 5-30 minute frequency along with the 19 between Yorkdale and Sq. Despite this however, this might be another favorite change

Hopefully we get a 100% service change next time as everything seems to be going back to normal
I hope so too. We need Route 16 back as the province reopens and more people travelling between Toronto and Hamilton. Also route 52 will be bi hourly on weekends as well.

Last edited:
45 extending to Unionville is terrible actually since GO Transit gives a transfer credit for transferring. $11.19 direct vs $6.40 westbound and $7.40 eastbound.transfer

Also, GO Transit seems to post some incorrect schedule like route 40 the schedule only has an hourly service.
It’s actually better in my opinion to have these direct connections, and the fact that Mississauga to markham can be done on one whole bus now. Of course if cost is the thing you are concerned about, you can always take the 407 east buses and transfer to the 407 west buses and vice versa as someone has said

Also did you check the 40 schedule from september 8? they said September 5th is the service change but that really is dumb because its a weekend
B5E9E0E8-849C-499A-8D23-0CDA97C41DC6.jpeg

But the routes still are separated at 407 station. You could pretend the 45 doesn't continue to Unionville, and keep doing what you do today.
I am just saying it would be better in my opinion to have 45 between hwy 407 and square one, and another separate route from hwy 407 to unionville, so that the overall frequency stays the same and I don't need to wait 15 mins for the next bus in order to get a cheaper fare.

It’s actually better in my opinion to have these direct connections, and the fact that Mississauga to markham can be done on one whole bus now. Of course if cost is the thing you are concerned about, you can always take the 407 east buses and transfer to the 407 west buses and vice versa as someone has said

Also did you check the 40 schedule from september 8? they said September 5th is the service change but that really is dumb because its a weekendView attachment 263908
I am talking about the pdf schedule. GO Transit is looking into that, said on Twitter.

It's also good to see route 94 from Pickering to Square One. Why don't they also operate that route on weekends? Many people go to shopping malls on weekends.

I am just saying it would be better in my opinion to have 45 between hwy 407 and square one, and another separate route from hwy 407 to unionville, so that the overall frequency stays the same and I don't need to wait 15 mins for the next bus in order to get a cheaper fare.
I still don't understand your point. You can stay on the same bus and pay more, or you can pretend the bus doesn't continue to Unionville and the frequency is still the same as before this change.

So basically to sum it up:

Best changes: 30, 40, 45, 52, 92, 94, KW and LE corridor for the most part

Worst Changes: LW corridor in general, all the bi hourly frequency buses, inconsistency on the 46 and 47 schedule, and the 16 not coming back on at least a hourly schedule

The Lakeshore West Corridor gets more trains, and some limited runs returned to West Harbour. Though I would also really like to see the 16 come back, at least on weekends and in the off-peak direction on weekdays to start, GO I guess still sees it as a duplication of service where there's still plenty of capacity.
That'll be too long. GO generally doesn't operate this route long.

Not the Cookstown Outlets on the 400, but the one at the 401 and Trafalgar Road, which dozens of GO buses pass by daily. It's in Halton Hills (barely), but it really should be served by Milton Transit, Brampton Transit, and/or Miway, to provide transit access for mall employees.

Back