News   Mar 28, 2024
 413     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 372     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 724     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

RFP-2019-CINF-147: Construction of Barrie Railway Corridor Enabling Works

Anyone knows where exactly is mile 24.60 to mile 26.50?

Edit: according to wikipedia, it's right to the south of Rutherford GO. However, that section is already double tracked, so not sure what else there is to enable.

24.60 is the crossing at Dufferin Street and 26.5 is Bathurst Street, north of King City. Currently single track, I believe. I haven’t been paying attention up that way, but there was a plan to build a service track so that the conflict with freight service could be eliminated.
Or perhaps double tracking has been deferred north of Kirby, in favour of a passing track? That would facilitate some added service to Aurora without going all the way to RER end state.

- Paul

The tender is just for enabling works, which isn't even for the trackage - just grubbing and grading, and maybe some other preparatory work for the additional track. That stretch of the line also includes a culvert over a decent-sized stream, so that may be part of the reason why they are trying to get a head start on it.

Dan

The best source I can find is this

It would show the station being moved, not "New station"

I cant find any news stating that Weston station would be demolished for the UPX.

The best source I can find is this

It would show the station being moved, not "New station"

I cant find any news stating that Weston station would be demolished for the UPX.
Nobody ever said that Weston will be demolished. The Weston UPX stop may simply stop being in use.

And for those keeping score at home, 17.04 is just north of Rutherford Rd., with 18.61 being immediately south of the siding switch into Argo Lumber north of McNaughton.

Dan
Presumably this project includes a second platform for Maple station, and perhaps a parking structure as well.

^Interesting how these little projects are squeaking out ahead of the master DBFOM decision. Presumably this is “derisking” the P3, or otherwise ensuring the timelines of things.
Or maybe it’s just burning off whatever money is left in ML’s budget. Using up your budget, so that at budget time the bean counters can’t give you less “because you never spent what you were given already” - a time honoured strategy in public sector spending.

- Paul

Back