News   Apr 23, 2024
 221     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 430     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

More pictures from Weston today, looks like they are moving that signal tower
20190821_113318.jpg

They have moved all the trees that were at the location.

^ Awesome! Would those pipes extend all the way to the other side of the 401/409? Are they filled with concrete? Somewhat reminds me of the piles that were driven for the West Toronto Grade Separation. I seem to recall a steel beam was put into the pile and they concrete was poured inside the pile to surround the steel.

Aug 23
Work still taking place on the new Kennedy platform. No changes to the track to the north of the station.

Agincourt GO Station.
Finally made a visit to the station and some big chances since I was last there. Looks like Mextrolinx bought out a few buildings to expand the parking lot.

The new tunnel to the new centre platform in place with forming taking place for the stairs and elevators to the new platform and on the west side of the existing one. Noise Barrier up on both side of the corridor to the north of the station as well grading for the 2nd track taking place.

Like the art work on the station windows and needs to happen at other stations.

Millikan GO Station.
Didn't look at the station work at all.

Shoring taking place on the south side of Steeles on the west side of the track. One road to the plaza close and a new walkway to the station in place Some shoring on the north side on the east side of the track has taken place.

Excavation taking place on the east side of the track on the south side and had to laugh at what I saw on the steel supporting the excavation. The I beam is a 24 WF 84 cut from a 65' beam roll in Spain. Never seen a 65' beam as NA rolls 60' unless special roll at high tonnage order. Must got a cheap price since off shore steel can be 5 cent to $1 a pound cheaper than Canadian Mills, let alone US Minn Mills.

Only seen 2 signs so far for station expansion and looks like Metrolinx is doing one of a kind for them other than changing the station name on one sign. Guess this Ford Budget cutting.
48610400627_ccdb186f89_b.jpg

48610402187_c4532ae7ac_b.jpg

48610401602_25fb5db098_b.jpg

48609888248_5f1ba333fc_b.jpg

Does anyone know why ML still hasnt adopted level boarding platforms for their new build and rebuild stations? Seems like a terrible wasted opportunity to modernize

And what level do they choose? The North American industry standard of 48" - which the BiLevels don't have a door for? The Western standard of 15", which would require every single BiLevel to have the steps relocated? (And which may be obsolete if new equipment is purchased?)

Dan

Phil Verster was quoted saying that new builds would be given level boarding. However, as mentioned perhaps they are waiting to see what happens with RER. Even getting the height consistently level with the current door seems like a decent challenge given it probably requires removing the step which would create a significant platform gap.
I think as long as new stairs and elevators are built for easy modifications for raised platforms, it should be fine.

Aug 23
Work still taking place on the new Kennedy platform. No changes to the track to the north of the station.

Agincourt GO Station.
Finally made a visit to the station and some big chances since I was last there. Looks like Mextrolinx bought out a few buildings to expand the parking lot.

The new tunnel to the new centre platform in place with forming taking place for the stairs and elevators to the new platform and on the west side of the existing one. Noise Barrier up on both side of the corridor to the north of the station as well grading for the 2nd track taking place.

Like the art work on the station windows and needs to happen at other stations.

Millikan GO Station.
Didn't look at the station work at all.

Shoring taking place on the south side of Steeles on the west side of the track. One road to the plaza close and a new walkway to the station in place Some shoring on the north side on the east side of the track has taken place.

Excavation taking place on the east side of the track on the south side and had to laugh at what I saw on the steel supporting the excavation. The I beam is a 24 WF 84 cut from a 65' beam roll in Spain. Never seen a 65' beam as NA rolls 60' unless special roll at high tonnage order. Must got a cheap price since off shore steel can be 5 cent to $1 a pound cheaper than Canadian Mills, let alone US Minn Mills.

Only seen 2 signs so far for station expansion and looks like Metrolinx is doing one of a kind for them other than changing the station name on one sign. Guess this Ford Budget cutting.
48610400627_ccdb186f89_b.jpg

48610402187_c4532ae7ac_b.jpg

48610401602_25fb5db098_b.jpg

48609888248_5f1ba333fc_b.jpg

@Ross W What are you trying to say with empty reply???????????????????

@ Ross not sure what you trying to say, but if its about 2 or more posting of the same posting, take it up with the admin as its their system problem since I only post once. Too many issues with the site since last change including logging in, accessing the site or a page.

Back