News   May 10, 2024
 461     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 522     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 815     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Have a look at Jennifer Gray’s presentation to the Board on Key Performance indicators.... has a scoreboard indicator for Capital Project Milestones which shows that there are 124 project milestones to be completed in FY 2018. As of June, 30 have been completed versus a traget of 35.
The burning question is..... what are these 124 milestones?
One would hope that this is a sign that ML is moving to greater transparency, and would divulge these on requests.... but just in case:
To anyone out there who has the funding to file FOI requests: hint, hint....

- Paul

Tweet this at the Star and G&M reporters!

-Hamilton situation
Metrolinx only gave a very terse update on Hamilton. They're obviously hedging on the muncipal election.

Reading local Hamilton news shows a fair bit of drama, given that Metrolinx has now paused expropriations until after the election. About half of the needed properties are now bought up.

I am monitoring the Hamilton situation extremely closely. My spouse Alain Bureau is a candidate in the election (Ward 3 city councillor) as one of the top 3 front runners in our highly competitive dozen-competitor ward -- I even helped prep a specially wrapped cargo bike as we are advocates of more balanced transportation choices (transit/pedestrian/cycle). LRT has become a very political issue in Hamilton (yet again) unfortunately, with a big fight about to brew between the NO/YES camps. I am currently aware of both sides prepping for a big fight when the lawn signs begins blossoming late September.

Have you read the latest report from the Capital Projects Group for the September 14th Metrolinx Board meeting?
Not yet!
Metrolinx only gave a very terse update on Hamilton. They're obviously hedging on the muncipal election.

Reading local Hamilton news shows a fair bit of drama, given that Metrolinx has now paused expropriations until after the election. About half of the needed properties are now bought up.

I am monitoring the Hamilton situation extremely closely. My spouse Alain Bureau is a candidate in the election (Ward 3 city councillor) as one of the top 3 front runners in our highly competitive dozen-competitor ward -- I even helped prep a specially wrapped cargo bike as we are advocates of more balanced transportation choices (transit/pedestrian/cycle). LRT has become a very political issue in Hamilton (yet again) unfortunately, with a big fight about to brew between the NO/YES camps. I am currently aware of both sides prepping for a big fight when the lawn signs begins blossoming late September.
Unfortunate to hear. I hope the LRT goes through. What about the Hamilton and Niagara rail extension?

It is time now to contact the candidate-become-MPP and remind them of said conversation and inquire about the current status of the project.

likely response:
”I have spoken to the Premier’s office and have been told that I misspoke”

OK I followed up, and here is the response. Interpretation anyone?

Screenshot_2018-09-12-23-19-23.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-12-23-19-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-12-23-19-23.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 477

Back