News   Aug 14, 2024
 954     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 736     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 573     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

PT-2017-CLW-050 - ENABLING WORKS AT CONFEDERATION GO RAIL STATION

RFP.ca Item #: 397902
Solicitation #/ID: PT-2017-CLW-050
Category: Construction
Posted: 07.29.2017
Expires: 08.21.2017

Description
Open Construction Services PT-2017-CLW-050 - ENABLING WORKS AT CONFEDERATION GO RAIL STATION ConstructionCall For TendersTender No. PT-2017-CLW-050 ENABLING WORKS AT CONFEDERATION GO RAIL STATIONMetrolinx is accepting Tenders for the Construction of enabling works at the Confederation GO Rail station.A Mandatory Site Meeting will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 at located at 185 Bancroft St. Hamilton, ON, L8E 4L4.Parking is available on site. Full PPE is required for all attendees.Failure of Bidder to be present and registered from the time the meeting is called to order until the meeting is adjourned will result in disqualification from bidding.Each Tender must be accompanied by a bid deposit in the amount of $200,000.00 in the form of a bid bond or certified cheque payable to Metrolinx.ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSION will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. on Monday August 21, 2017.***NOTE: ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSIONYour Submission for this opportunity must be sent to [...] Metrolinx

Fixing my photos site, came upon a photo dated Jan 17, 2013, 4 years ago. Come Sept will mark the 5th anniversary of construction on the Burlington GO Station and bus terminal if it doesn't open before then.

For a simple station that should had taken 18 months plus 6 month delay by Burlington Hydro, this is one for the books how not to build a station. Another for my completed files this year.

PT-2017-CLW-050 - ENABLING WORKS AT CONFEDERATION GO RAIL STATION

What type of work will be done for this? Any chance it'll include building more track between West Harbour and the Confederation site? Maybe Mark has a sense?

I think read or herd somewhere that the TTC was the first to use that particular type of tile for platform edges and did a lot of research on what the texture should be with the CNIB before finalizing the design we have now.

Not even remotely true.

They did talk with the AODA however, to finalize the colour used.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

According to: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regionalplanning/rer/rer_barrie.aspx
The Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion TPAP will officially file the Notice of Complete on August 8 (the actual link is not live yet).

A lot to digest, and there may be details to debate. But overall, it's a good news item that this has reached completion.

The umpteen million dollar question - is there sufficient time to move this to procurement before the next election?

I can't see the Tories killing this, but they could set the timeline back just by taking stock when they assume office, or tweaking details to put their own brand on the plan.

- Paul

A lot to digest, and there may be details to debate. But overall, it's a good news item that this has reached completion.

The umpteen million dollar question - is there sufficient time to move this to procurement before the next election?

I can't see the Tories killing this, but they could set the timeline back just by taking stock when they assume office, or tweaking details to put their own brand on the plan.

- Paul
you think a Tory gov't led by Barrie's Patrick Brown is going to delay infrastructure that benefits Barrie? If you think this I think you are guilty of overthinking the politics.

you think a Tory gov't led by Barrie's Patrick Brown is going to delay infrastructure that benefits Barrie? If you think this I think you are guilty of overthinking the politics.

I have the ultimate confidence in the ability of politicians - of any stripe - to fiddle with a plan until it feels like their own..... and to blame their predecessors for forcing the delay by doing something the wrong way, yes. :)

- Paul

In addition to the attempt at a humours reply, would still be interested in the serious answer from anyone who may have it and if the timeframe is even known (RFP for this completed TPAP on the Barrie Line)

Track construction is "Package Three" (of three) in the ML Capital Procurement strategy. The 2017-2018 Business Plan makes no mention of procurement for Barrie, nor does this presentation from the TPAP. I would infer that it is not imminent.

The latter document is far more definitive about ML's continued participation in the annual Weston Santa Claus parade, than it is on building track to Aurora. The Weston parking lot will remain available for Farmers' markets. That's not my attempt at humour - that's Metrolinx laying out its schedule. "Over the next ten years" is the most precise statement I can find.

- Paul

Track construction is "Package Three" (of three) in the ML Capital Procurement strategy. The 2017-2018 Business Plan makes no mention of procurement for Barrie, nor does this presentation from the TPAP. I would infer that it is not imminent.

The latter document is far more definitive about ML's continued participation in the annual Weston Santa Claus parade, than it is on building track to Aurora. The Weston parking lot will remain available for Farmers' markets. That's not my attempt at humour - that's Metrolinx laying out its schedule. "Over the next ten years" is the most precise statement I can find.

- Paul
Some important upgrades for the Barrie corridor are part of this project. The RFQ has closed but the short listed teams have not been announced yet.

Thanks for that. Exploring their web site, a number of transit projects are featured. This fills in some of the detail that ML doesn't often speak to, but some projects are pieces and some are more comprehensive. Guess this is one place where we can watch for progress.

- Paul

I would not consider the Beach Hill area old, wealthy & white. Assigning a stereotype to an area based on one picture is not something anyone should do. A bit of fact checking would be appropriate.

Anyone can be a NIMBY.
I could only imagine the uproar if a different demo was inserted instead of "white".

Back