News   Sep 27, 2024
 438     0 
News   Sep 27, 2024
 859     1 
News   Sep 27, 2024
 416     0 

General cycling issues (Is Toronto bike friendly?)

I wonder if they think doing that brings in nearly as many people as it alienates? Obviously there's a bunch of people who will avoid the place now at all costs, but is anyone really going to be like "The Old Sod? The guys who sold those Fuck Cyclists T-Shirts? Let's go their instead of somewhere else!"?
I certainly will avoid that trashy business going forward. They're on my shit-list for such a stunt.

Seems like it's usually the owners that scream about the loss of parking in front of their establishments.

Which seems odd to me because in a busy area, you are rarely able to park in front of your destination so what difference would it make to them if we needed to park in a nearby garage / lot / side street?
They claim that their customers need the parking. The reality is that the parking is used by the owners and their staff.

Who needs bike lanes when we just need to start wearing our helmets correctly?

Ont. sports minister says wearing helmets properly is more important than bike lanes

After much discussion about bike lanes following Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s plan to potentially reduce them, Ontario sports minister Neil Lumsden weighed in. Instead of acknowledging that bike lanes help reduce cyclist injuries, he focused on helmet use.

“What we need to start considering when individuals ride a bike or scooter is to first put on a helmet and fasten it properly,” he said, avoiding other preventive measures.

• Wow
Reactions: PL1

Back