News   Jul 17, 2024
 89     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 717     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 530     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

JUST IN: Florida reports massive single-day increase of 9,000 coronavirus cases.

https://www.axios.com/florida-singl...=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100
It’s coffins not cases that I want to see numbers for. If more and more people are getting Covid19 but the death rates do not increase this suggests either the health care system is coping or the virus is not deadly to those outside of the senior group, who are presumably taking the virus more seriously than others.

Here's hoping Shopify isn't poaching immigrants with very racist views against other immigrant groups (yes, these types of anti-immigrant immigrants exist).
Of course they exist. Why is this a surprise? I would argue each wave of immigrants resents the next. I have friends who parents emigrated from Italy in the 1960s, friends who “fled” Brampton for Georgetown because there were too many brown and black folk moving in. As a UK-origin White person, I told them that in the 1960s, people who would have moved away from the tan coloured Italians. It’s funny how they consider themselves white, when back in 60’s Canada no one did.

Last edited:
It’s coffins not cases that I want to see numbers for. If more and more people are getting Covid19 but the death rates do not increase this suggests either the health care system is coping or the virus is not deadly to those outside of the senior group, who are presumably taking the virus more seriously than others.

You don't need to see coffins - if you have an increase in the ICU admissions, that's more than sufficient. Texas is already getting there.

AoD

Covid-19 survivors could lose health insurance if Trump wins bid to repeal Obamacare

Sat 27 Jun 2020

Millions of Americans who have survived Covid-19 or face future infections could lose their insurance or be barred from getting coverage should the Trump administration successfully repeal Obamacare.

The Trump administration asked the supreme court late Thursday to overturn the Affordable Care Act – a move that, if successful, would bring a permanent end to the health insurance reform law popularly known as Obamacare.

Under the ACA, insurance companies cannot deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. Its abolition would mean millions of Americans who have had or have cancer, multiple sclerosis or other diseases would struggle to find insurance.

Anyone applying for insurance who subsequently contracts Covid-19 could also find their insurance invalidated or be denied coverage in the future. If they were allowed to keep their insurance, they could still be charged higher premiums or have future treatment for coronavirus turned down.

Covid-19 survivors could lose health insurance if Trump wins bid to repeal Obamacare

Sat 27 Jun 2020

Millions of Americans who have survived Covid-19 or face future infections could lose their insurance or be barred from getting coverage should the Trump administration successfully repeal Obamacare.

The Trump administration asked the supreme court late Thursday to overturn the Affordable Care Act – a move that, if successful, would bring a permanent end to the health insurance reform law popularly known as Obamacare.

Under the ACA, insurance companies cannot deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. Its abolition would mean millions of Americans who have had or have cancer, multiple sclerosis or other diseases would struggle to find insurance.

Anyone applying for insurance who subsequently contracts Covid-19 could also find their insurance invalidated or be denied coverage in the future. If they were allowed to keep their insurance, they could still be charged higher premiums or have future treatment for coronavirus turned down.

More fuel for the free universal health care movement in the United States

With COVID-19 cases mushrooming in the United States, many of its people would want their country to join the rest of the civilized world in having free universal health care.

More fuel for the free universal health care movement in the United States

With COVID-19 cases mushrooming in the United States, many of its people would want their country to join the rest of the civilized world in having free universal health care.
That may be the silver lining in this catastrophe, with the discrediting of US conservatism and pushing the US towards offering health care as a right. But who knows, they have mass shootings and no gun control as of yet.

That may be the silver lining in this catastrophe, with the discrediting of US conservatism and pushing the US towards offering health care as a right. But who knows, they have mass shootings and no gun control as of yet.

I don't see anything changing in any significant way, if for no other reason than the med/pharma lobby is too powerful. Couple that with a widespread distrust of government. If anything, it might start small at a state-level. Anything tried by the federal government will always run into their Constitution.

If murdering 28 elementary school students doesn't provoke a national soul searching, I'm not sure what will.

I don't see anything changing in any significant way, if for no other reason than the med/pharma lobby is too powerful. Couple that with a widespread distrust of government. If anything, it might start small at a state-level. Anything tried by the federal government will always run into their Constitution.

If murdering 28 elementary school students doesn't provoke a national soul searching, I'm not sure what will.

They'll just do and say the usual: thoughts and prayers.

funny-thoughts-prayer-garbage-truck.jpg

From
link.

Back