News   Jul 17, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

It is the biggest Confederate monument in the US – civil war leaders hewn into Atlanta’s Stone Mountain. It is also a huge tourist draw, hosting a laser light show and 100ft flame cannons.

From link.

stone-mt.jpg
picnic.jpg

It is the biggest Confederate monument in the US – civil war leaders hewn into Atlanta’s Stone Mountain. It is also a huge tourist draw, hosting a laser light show and 100ft flame cannons.

From link.

stone-mt.jpg
picnic.jpg
The person who carved Mount Rushmore is a Klansman.

Mount Rushmore and Stone Mountain are the greatest pieces of condoned vandalism to cultural heritage in the history of the United States.

The mountain Mount Rushmore is carved on is sacred to the Native Americans who lived in the area, but the US Army drove them out and had a Klansman deface the mountain with four in-situ statues of presidents.

It's very difficult to condone the carvings in light of these.

You do know that the Wendy's restaurant was a place of employment for people in the neighbourhood? Setting fires also fires the employees.
Hey why are you expecting people to have rationale in these times.

When there is a great social change we react to one extreme and then there's a backlash and me end up in a medium.

Look at #metoo

Patrick brown would have no where near the issues if he got accused now.

Rayshard Brooks police shooting was homicide, says medical examiner

Mon 15 Jun 2020 05.05 BST

The death of Rayshard Brooks, a black man killed by a white police officer in Atlanta on Friday, was a homicide caused by gunshot wounds to the back, the Fulton county medical examiner’s office has said, as the US headed into a fourth week of unrest over police violence.

An autopsy conducted on Sunday showed that Brooks, 27, died from blood loss and organ injuries caused by two gunshot wounds, an investigator for the medical examiner said in a statement. The manner of his death was homicide, the statement said.

There is much confusion regarding the term 'homicide' when it is used in medical or pathological language because it it unequal to the word in criminal law. In medical terms, 'homicide' means simply that the death was caused by another person. A coroner/medical examiner does not make findings of culpability. The problem is the public and media don't understand that. I do recall that there was much controversy when it was first introduced here.

Based on what I read the cops will be charged with wrongful use of deadly force rather than murder which I think makes sense.

As we have seen in countless cases if the other person is armed in any way or fights back, charging a cop with murder never leads to a conviction.

A victory landmark decision for LGBTQ rights and human rights.
I’ve never understood why trans people are connected to the LGB movement. Trans is about gender identity and expression, whilst LGB is about sexual orientation. For example, isn’t a F2M trans person who likes women just straight, like me?

It seems like the gender identity and expression rights movement should be a separate mission unto itself. Of course it would fall under the big tent of all identifiable groups that face discrimination or hatred, fighting for an end to such practices and for acceptance. BLM and homelessness/mental illness rights movements are both fighting to make the world a better place, but their missions and journeys are so disparate that you would not throw them together into a single movement or acronym. I imagine seeing their own struggles that they want to be welcoming, but do gays and lesbians feel that their struggle and campaign has been coopted by the trans movement?

“Unlike members of the trans community, who are working against their biology and trying to change who they are physically, gay or lesbian people are trying to be nobody but themselves. They are not seeking surgery or hormone treatments.They love the same gender; they don’t want to be a different gender.“

Last edited:
I’ve never understood why trans people are connected to the LGB movement. Trans is about gender identity and expression, whilst LGB is about sexual orientation. For example, isn’t a F2M trans person who likes women just straight, like me?

It seems like the gender identity and expression rights movement should be a separate mission unto itself. Of course it would fall under the big tent of all identifiable groups that face discrimination or hatred, fighting for an end to such practices and for acceptance. BLM and homelessness/mental illness rights movements are both fighting to make the world a better place, but their missions and journeys are so disparate that you would not throw them together into a single movement or acronym. I imagine seeing their own struggles that they want to be welcoming, but do gays and lesbians feel that their struggle and campaign has been coopted by the trans movement?

“Unlike members of the trans community, who are working against their biology and trying to change who they are physically, gay or lesbian people are trying to be nobody but themselves. They are not seeking surgery or hormone treatments.They love the same gender; they don’t want to be a different gender.“

Hang together or hang separately.

AoD

Trump’s ‘woeful’ police reform order leaves systemic racism intact, critics say

Tue 16 Jun 2020

Donald Trump faced renewed criticism on Tuesday for what critics said was a “woeful” attempt at police reform that failed to address systemic racism and fell far short of the demands of Black Lives Matter activists seeking fundamental change.

The US president issued an executive order that would discourage police from using chokeholds and create a national database for police misconduct.

But while Trump’s remarks in the White House Rose Garden began with a sombre list of African Americans killed by police, they soon turned into something resembling a campaign speech, touting the stock market and retail sales and arguing “school choice” is the civil rights cause of our time.

Trump’s ‘woeful’ police reform order leaves systemic racism intact, critics say

Tue 16 Jun 2020

Donald Trump faced renewed criticism on Tuesday for what critics said was a “woeful” attempt at police reform that failed to address systemic racism and fell far short of the demands of Black Lives Matter activists seeking fundamental change.

The US president issued an executive order that would discourage police from using chokeholds and create a national database for police misconduct.

But while Trump’s remarks in the White House Rose Garden began with a sombre list of African Americans killed by police, they soon turned into something resembling a campaign speech, touting the stock market and retail sales and arguing “school choice” is the civil rights cause of our time.

"banning chokeholds – except in cases where an officer is targeted by deadly force". Yeah, that's going to work :rolleyes:

"banning chokeholds – except in cases where an officer is targeted by deadly force". Yeah, that's going to work :rolleyes:

So whats your solution? like if a cop is in a life and death fight they will be like 'oh okay no chokehold though"

With changing rule if a cop is doing it and there is no valid reason to do so, the cop will 100% can be fired now as the rules are clear. Of course, bad cases will happen but this is about changing the culture long term.

So the charity in Minnesota collected 35 million dollars and in two weeks only process 300k of it.

seems like people should be careful where they donate to if they want to impact things.

Back