501     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

1591960646813.png

Funny, mostly flattering to Canada.......but

There's a line in there take takes a shot at Trudeau that made me fall over.

Being really honest I think Canadians will want to distance themselves from American problems.

That's why I noticed is always a harsh backlash when people try to import American language and problems into Canada.

Its a comedy show Jasmine, not a documentary! LOL

Should be remembered that Canada has politicians and citizens who support the current regime in the USA.

See link.

Ford declares ‘I’m a big Republican’

See link.

“God bless the president and don’t get me wrong. Full disclosure: I’m a big Republican, I’m a supporter, conservative-minded and Jason’s probably more conservative than I am,” said the premier, who was appearing with Alberta Premier Jason Kenney before a business audience.

Should be remembered that Canada has politicians and citizens who support the current regime in the USA.
Democrat POTUS is rarely good for Canadian trade. Joe Biden, for example wants to shutdown the Keystone pipeline, same as Obama.

How Obama Lost Canada
Botching Relations With the United States’ Biggest Trade Partner
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/canada/2012-06-21/how-obama-lost-canada

Now you might agree with that, but it's counter to Canada's trade in petroleum products. Trump may holler a lot about trade, but for the most part trade between Canada and USA is open.

Democrat POTUS is rarely good for Canadian trade. Joe Biden, for example wants to shutdown the Keystone pipeline, same as Obama.

How Obama Lost Canada
Botching Relations With the United States’ Biggest Trade Partner
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/canada/2012-06-21/how-obama-lost-canada

Now you might agree with that, but it's counter to Canada's trade in petroleum products. Trump may holler a lot about trade, but for the most part trade between Canada and USA is open.

*roll eyes* - the article is from 2012; in the meantime, we had just went through a trade dispute, had our steel and aluminium receiving tariffs that would otherwise be prohibited under NAFTA on the basis of "national security"; had a functional free-trade deal forceably reopened with arguably worse terms; our softwood lumber exports have also had tariffs applied during Trump's tenure after the expiration of the SLA. No post-NAFTA Democratic presidency had done all of the above - or have acted as unilaterally with international trade agreements as Trump did in general.

You think Keystone XL is worth all that instability? The whole premise of Democratic presidents being more protectionist than Republican ones went out the window with the current abomination.

We shouldn't judge the message by our feelings on the messenger. Is everything she's saying here BS?

What's the message exactly? That we shouldn't question the motivations of a messenger with a less than stellar reputation pushing perspectives for unknown, and likely ulterior motives? To be fair, at least her reputation didn't result in a cop kneeling on her neck and turning her into a "saint". SMH.

AoD

Last edited:
That this man has a platform from which to spout his drivel is a disgrace.
Isn't it about time people started to question any companies that still advertise on the channel that is America's Head Cheerleader For Ignorance?
And yes, I know the knee-jerk response from the channel and its fans will be shouts of "they're trying to silence our voice" and "limit our free speech" etc., but that displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of "free speech", which is certainly not limited when people choose to ignore you, the way they can ignore any other crackpots. The companies are free to choose to not support their nonsense.
There's some media outlets and personalities here in Canada over the last decade or two that have also chosen to imitate the Fox News attitude (some slightly more veiled than others) that there is somehow something admirable, noble, or patriotic about being a ridiculous petulant bigot.

Last edited:
Isn't it about time people started to question any companies that still advertise on the channel that is America's Head Cheerleader For Ignorance?
And yes, I know the knee-jerk response from the channel and its fans will be shouts of "they're trying to silence our voice" and "limit our free speech" etc., but that displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of "free speech", which is certainly not limited when people choose to ignore you, the way they can ignore any other crackpots. The companies are free to choose to not support their nonsense.
There's some media outlets and personalities here in Canada over the last decade or two that have also chosen to imitate the attitude (some slightly more veiled than others) that there is somehow something admirable, noble, or patriotic about being a ridiculous petulant bigot.
Don't forget that the First Amendment only applies to speech in the public. In private domains, such as for-profit television channels and social media, the owners reserve the right to moderate speech. Those are all based on my understanding, so correct me if there's any inaccuracies.

Last edited:
View attachment 251055

Funny, mostly flattering to Canada.......but

There's a line in there take takes a shot at Trudeau that made me fall over.

"I want to **** a Canadian". Well, their administrations have been doing that for a while so it's not like we're virgins. I had to laugh that the 'non-Detroit part of Michigan is almost Canadian anyway. There is a gas station/convenience store/ice cream shop/hardware/gun store northeast of Port Huron we have stopped at a couple of times. AK47 complete with large mag and silencer - $700, on sale. on an open pegboard rack. Yup, just like us.

A charred Wendy's, an officer fired and a police chief steps down in the aftermath of Rayshard Brooks' death

Sun June 14, 2020

The death of a black man at the hands of police reignited protests Saturday night in Atlanta, where hundreds blocked a major interstate, a fast-food restaurant was set ablaze and authorities responded with tear gas.

Rayshard Brooks, 27, was shot dead by an officer Friday night at a Wendy's drive-through in the city.

Less than 24 hours after his death, Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields announced she was stepping down.

"I have faith in the mayor, and it is time for the city to move forward and build trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve," she said in a statement.

The officer who killed Brooks was terminated Saturday, police spokesman Carlos Campos said. He was identified by police as Garrett Rolfe. A second officer involved in the killing was placed on administrative duty, Campos said. That officer was Devin Bronsan, police said in a statement.

A charred Wendy's, an officer fired and a police chief steps down in the aftermath of Rayshard Brooks' death

Sun June 14, 2020

The death of a black man at the hands of police reignited protests Saturday night in Atlanta, where hundreds blocked a major interstate, a fast-food restaurant was set ablaze and authorities responded with tear gas.

Rayshard Brooks, 27, was shot dead by an officer Friday night at a Wendy's drive-through in the city.

Less than 24 hours after his death, Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields announced she was stepping down.

"I have faith in the mayor, and it is time for the city to move forward and build trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve," she said in a statement.

The officer who killed Brooks was terminated Saturday, police spokesman Carlos Campos said. He was identified by police as Garrett Rolfe. A second officer involved in the killing was placed on administrative duty, Campos said. That officer was Devin Bronsan, police said in a statement.

You do know that the Wendy's restaurant was a place of employment for people in the neighbourhood? Setting fires also fires the employees.

Back