News   Jul 17, 2024
 526     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 631     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Donald Trump makes baseless claim about man, 75, shoved by police: ‘Could be a set-up?’

Tue 9 Jun 2020 17.46 BST

Donald Trump has claimed a 75-year-old man who was hospitalized when police shoved him to the ground at a protest in Buffalo could be “an antifa provocateur” and suggested the incident “could be a set-up”.

Two Buffalo police officers were charged with assault after video showed them pushing Martin Gugino, a slightly built septuagenarian and longtime peace activist, with enough force that he violently struck his head on the sidewalk.

The New York governor, Andrew Cuomo, responded to Trump’s claims, which were offered without evidence, on Tuesday, describing the president’s behavior as “cruel and reckless”.

“The man is still in the hospital & the president is disparaging him,” Cuomo said.

Donald Trump makes baseless claim about man, 75, shoved by police: ‘Could be a set-up?’

Tue 9 Jun 2020 17.46 BST

Donald Trump has claimed a 75-year-old man who was hospitalized when police shoved him to the ground at a protest in Buffalo could be “an antifa provocateur” and suggested the incident “could be a set-up”.

Two Buffalo police officers were charged with assault after video showed them pushing Martin Gugino, a slightly built septuagenarian and longtime peace activist, with enough force that he violently struck his head on the sidewalk.

The New York governor, Andrew Cuomo, responded to Trump’s claims, which were offered without evidence, on Tuesday, describing the president’s behavior as “cruel and reckless”.

“The man is still in the hospital & the president is disparaging him,” Cuomo said.

What is there to say?

Obviously he doesn't believe this crap; and is trolling the media.

At one time, I thought of this behavior as mere conventional political distraction tactics (watch the left hand, pay no attention to what the right hand is up to), if generally more tasteless.

But at this point, its gone on w/such regularity, and such extremeness for so long, I'm not sure what the motive is.........

I'll add, Trump doesn't, at least for the most part, put out his own Tweets, he has a social media person who does that.

I assume Trump gets to initiate some Tweets and is briefed on others before they go out; but the fact there are at least 2 people, and likely more who approve this trash makes it that much more grating.

The natural check and balance within a high political office of 2 or 3 sets of eyes going over every official statement, vetting for error or offense is clearly lost here.

People are looking at it.........and either shrugging; or willfully participating in this BS.

I assume Trump gets to initiate some Tweets and is briefed on others before they go out; but the fact there are at least 2 people, and likely more who approve this trash makes it that much more grating.

The natural check and balance within a high political office of 2 or 3 sets of eyes going over every official statement, vetting for error or offense is clearly lost here.

People are looking at it.........and either shrugging; or willfully participating in this BS.

I'm not sure I share that view. I get the sense that many or all are Donald and his thumbs. If there is any collaboration, it is his inner circle of enablers. A supportive inner circle should come as a surprise to no one, regardless of the system, but they need to be astute. I'm not even sure anymore that he playing to his base.

Trump Jr.'s Mongolian sheep hunting trip cost taxpayers about $75,000, documents show

Tue June 9, 2020

Donald Trump Jr.'s trip to Mongolia last August, where he hunted a rare breed of giant sheep, cost US taxpayers about $75,000 in Secret Service protection, according to documents obtained by a government watchdog group.

The documents requested by the nonpartisan and nonprofit group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington showed the United States Secret Service estimated Trump Jr.'s 8-day trip racked up expenses totaling $76,859.36.

Trump Jr.'s Mongolian sheep hunting trip cost taxpayers about $75,000, documents show

Tue June 9, 2020

Donald Trump Jr.'s trip to Mongolia last August, where he hunted a rare breed of giant sheep, cost US taxpayers about $75,000 in Secret Service protection, according to documents obtained by a government watchdog group.

The documents requested by the nonpartisan and nonprofit group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington showed the United States Secret Service estimated Trump Jr.'s 8-day trip racked up expenses totaling $76,859.36.

And that's just for protection of this spawn. I wonder who footed the bill for the hunt ?

And that's just for protection of this spawn. I wonder who footed the bill for the hunt ?

Likely just the tip of the iceberg for overall shady expenses and dealings too throughout the term. Considering how corrupt Trump's businesses have always been ran this comes to no surprise of course.

Atlanta mayor says she is disgusted by Trump's invocation of George Floyd

Sun June 7, 2020

I wonder what the Atlanta mayor would think of this.

It's an interesting point, given Floyd's violent criminal history, he's not really a good martyr for the black community.

Last edited:
I wonder what the Atlanta mayor would think of this.

It's an interesting point, given Floyd's violent criminal history, he's not really a good martyr for the black community.

Candace Owens is a terrible human being so I discount everything she says. As far as him being a martyr for the black community....that's a little much. The problem is regardless of the person's history, police should not be abusing their powers and they should be held accountable. Police are here to protect and diffuse situations. Kneeling on a man's neck is murder and I don't care if it was a fake $20 bill or a bad person. I think Trump is evil and even I don't think he deserves to have someone kneel on his neck for 8 minutes. This was just the tipping point and to be honest, Candace Owens would be saying the same thing if it happened to a black honour roll student. Don't be fooled.

For Trump campaign rallies, attendees must agree not to sue if they get the virus.

From link.

As President Trump moves to resume indoor campaign rallies, his campaign has added a twist to his optimistic push to return to life as it was before the pandemic: Attendees cannot sue the campaign or the venue if they contract the virus at the event.

“By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any public place where people are present,” a statement on Mr. Trump’s campaign website informed those wishing to attend his June 19 rally in Tulsa, Okla. “By attending the rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.”

Mr. Trump’s rally in Tulsa, the site of a massacre of black residents in 1921, will be on Juneteenth, a prominent African-American holiday recognizing the end of slavery in the United States. The rally will also be his first since the pandemic forced most of the country into quarantine three months ago, a campaign official said Wednesday. Polls have shown former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. establishing a substantial lead over Mr. Trump.

Oklahoma, a state Mr. Trump won four years ago by 36 percentage points, began lifting restrictions on businesses on April 24 and moved into Phase 3 of its reopening on June 1, allowing summer camps to open and workplaces to return with full staffing.

Of the four states the president announced this week as sites for rallies, three — Florida, Arizona and North Carolina — are seeing rising virus caseloads, while Oklahoma’s infection numbers are steady but not falling.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention still recommends that people avoid mass gatherings and stay out of crowded places.

Back