News   Jul 12, 2024
 825     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 744     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 314     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

Hosted by Dina Pugliese of Breakfast Television Toronto and Laura Lanktree, Editor of Teenflare.com, the nationwide search for the next face in fashion will air this September on Citytv. Ford Models Supermodel of the World Canada is a four part series including the exciting live broadcast finale from Citytv’s new state-of-the-art production facility in the heart of downtown Toronto.

Just what I was told :) Good to see it confirmed.

So even without a rendering, we'll soon find out what this building will look like finished. I'm just happy that it got a proper use. This square was always fit for a TV station. CityTV couldn't have found a better new home.

I wounder how their going to take it down seeing that the July deadline to get people moving in, and the shear size of the torch itself would at least take a few months to take it down piece by piece.

I missed this post earlier. I guess it's better to answer later than not at all:

July is the beginning of the move for CityTV. I'm guessing that means office staff, reporters, etc. The studios on the second floor should be finished by end of July, early August so maybe programming like the news will start to be broadcast from there. The move is to be complete in September so that's when all the major operations will have settled in and the building will have been completed. OMNI is moving in an offset schedule, I guess to reduce the amount of people and materials being moved in at once. They're supposed to be settled in by October.

Last edited:
I missed this post earlier. I guess it's better to answer later than not at all:

July is the beginning of the move for CityTV. I'm guessing that means office staff, reporters, etc. The studios on the second floor should be finished by end of July, early August so maybe programming like the news will start to be broadcast from there. The move is to be complete in September so that's when all the major operations will have settled in and the building will have been completed. OMNI is moving in an offset schedule, I guess to reduce the amount of people and materials being moved in at once. They're supposed to be settled in by October.

With the heated battle with CTVgm and Rogers over fee for carriage something tells me they going to move in a lot quicker than that. Rogers has stated before they want to move Citytv out quickly as possible.

If BT is being produced in the studio as early as August, then I hope we see some speedy new signage installation/exterior changes soon!

Well, the rendering we first saw was to gain approval for the signage in it represented and the "major iconic multimedia tower" was granted permission for the corner where the torch is.

The rendering at the top of this page wouldn't take advantage of that license. I think we'll end up seeing something close to the video crystal that we saw in the official rendering.

The good news is we won't have to wait much longer to find out. I'm sure it'll begin assembly this summer considering the timeline we have.

I truly hope it's iconic. Thus far it's hard to figure out how things will turn out since it's basically the same as before.

Yes, but why? That's what I'd like to know.

It may surprised given the wasteland it is but, Dundas Street East is considered a residential neighbourhood. John Frank Place, the highrise apartment building on the northeast corner of Bond & Dundas was instrumental in keeping the lights away from their windows.

Yet more info:

- CityLine will have its first broadcast from the Torch on Monday, August 17. Presumably that's when BT will start also, since they share the same studio.

- The news studio is well into construction on the first floor of the bridge and should be ready by next month although the first broadcast from there isn't scheduled yet.

- My contact can't find out "what the hell the outside will look like"... Her words (probably frustrated that I ask her all the time! lol).

- Rogers is looking to lease temporary office space in the vicinity.

- The word around Rogers is that they want to dominate Dundas Square. Maybe we'll see Rogers with a studio @ Toronto Life Square? It would be awesome if they could use that amazing space that FutureShop now strangely uses for their staff lounge.

Last edited:
Yet more info:

- The news studio is well into construction on the first floor of the bridge and should be ready by next month although the first broadcast from there isn't scheduled yet.

From what was on BT a few months ago; Citytv news studio is on the forth floor, OMNI News on the 3rd, a small studio with office space on the 2nd. And BT, Cityline on the 1st floor. The 5th floor will be a common area.

The open to below on the 2nd floor is pretty much gone, although part of it is still open to below there is no bridge anymore due to office space requirements.

Yet more info:

- CityLine will have its first broadcast from the Torch on Monday, August 17. Presumably that's when BT will start also, since they share the same studio.

- My contact can't find out "what the hell the outside will look like"... Her words (probably frustrated that I ask her all the time! lol).

- Rogers is looking to lease temporary office space in the vicinity.

- The word around Rogers is that they want to dominate Dundas Square. Maybe we'll see Rogers with a studio @ Toronto Life Square? It would be awesome if they could use that amazing space that FutureShop now strangely uses for their staff lounge.
That space they use for their staff lounge was designed for that unit that Futureshop is in.

Yet more info:

That space they use for their staff lounge was designed for that unit that Futureshop is in.

Ill double check with some contacts about if FutureShop is planing to give up that space...even if it is just a staff room. However personally i doubt they give up any space.

From what was on BT a few months ago; Citytv news studio is on the forth floor, OMNI News on the 3rd, a small studio with office space on the 2nd. And BT, Cityline on the 1st floor. The 5th floor will be a common area.

The open to below on the 2nd floor is pretty much gone, although part of it is still open to below there is no bridge anymore due to office space requirements.

You got OMNI and CityTV swapped. When I say first floor of the bridge (the bridge has 2 floors), I'm referring to the 3rd floor. City is on 3, OMNI on 4, shared Weather on 5. The main multi use studio (BT, CityLine, special events) is indeed on the ground floor.

EDIT: CodeMonkey, I was the one who had it wrong. You were right: CityTV is upstairs, OMNI is downstairs. All the other info seems to be correct.

Last edited:
Nothing I can add other than I passed by yesterday and outside work is speeding up. Looks like this will be ready in time for the first move in dates.

Nothing I can add other than I passed by yesterday and outside work is speeding up. Looks like this will be ready in time for the first move in dates.

From what i hear CTVgm really wants them out with the whole Fee For Carriage between Rogers and CTV so i wouldn't be surprise that Rogers is going to move them in all at once.

Back