News   Jul 12, 2024
 765     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 694     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 302     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

So far this looks to be a huge improvement on the west side facing Dundas Square and Yonge Street. Bonus points to Rogers if they improve the east facing side to virtually eliminate all traces of The Torch forever.

Shouldn't there be a city document that shows the drawings at least? When a company buys a property, and makes major changes, don't they need to submit an application?

We don't have a design review panel. There is no need for a development/ rezoning application. The zoning changes are minor ... basically a change in use and some additional space.

That's not to say the city doesn't have all the necessary drawings for the issuance of various building permits.

May 30th update

Some shots of three sides (except the south end).

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the pics dt toronto geek.

It's too bad City's new home won't have the roll up garage doors that was so characteristic of the way CityTV operated. They're known for their very open, transparent productions.

The big picture window in the rendering would have sort of reproduced that, but it doesn't seem to have made it to the final version.

I wonder how they're planning on interacting with the square. The roof is the only remaining option now.

Edit: Cross that! There is at least on garage window:

CityTV5_May30-09.jpg

Notice the rails on the side of this window that go all the way up to the second floor.

Last edited:
^ It's been discussed several pages ago.

I don't think they'll let go of their iconic Nathan Philips Square location, that holds so many more people and has the amazing backdrop of the CityHall towers and Old City Hall off to the side.

If anything, they might hold a satellite party @ Dundas Sq.

Regarding the blueprints, I think I have them somewhere. I remember that there's this round room in the basement. I think it was converted into the control room for live productions.

^ It's been discussed several pages ago.

I don't think they'll let go of their iconic Nathan Philips Square location, that holds so many more people and has the amazing backdrop of the CityHall towers and Old City Hall off to the side.

If anything, they might hold a satellite party @ Dundas Sq.

Regarding the blueprints, I think I have them somewhere. I remember that there's this round room in the basement. I think it was converted into the control room for live productions.

Urgh... as long as they don't do the whole Times Square "crystal ball drop"... I think we've had enough YD Square-Times Square comparisons already.

I just remember from the blueprints a room in the 2nd floor in the tower section just above what was the cafe...i could have read the blueprints wrong but i swear it had a window as well.

While they added the black glass to the floor level, I'm a little worried about keeping the rest of the grey tiles in place on the East side. That's going to be quite a mishmash if kept that way.

Anyone know why Rogers has been so secretive regarding the final design of the building? You would think they'd want good PR in advance.

The building looks like it is almost done. The internal lighting is installed. At this point, I would imagine the work would involve new signs, CITY TV memorabilia and office stuff.

Back