News   Nov 20, 2019
 1K     16 
News   Nov 20, 2019
 562     0 

Brampton Transit/Zum

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
A lot of plans for evening/weekend service increases presented in the March PIC boards never came into fruition. I suspect that with the loss of provincial gas tax funding and lower-than-needed property tax revenue factored into it - blame the city and the province. Service improvements on existing routes are generally focused on the most pressing needs - specifically Chinguacousy Road, and weekday service on Queen, Main/Hurontario, and Steeles.

That said, ridership in 2019 has not increased over the same period in 2018 - I wonder if the plateau is reflecting the more modest service improvements lately, as well as overcrowding on many routes driving potential riders away.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that Valleywood isn't yet served by an extension of an existing Brampton bus route, given how close it is.

Bolton may be served by a contracted private operator, like how YRT is operated. Brampton Transit is hitting another wall: bus storage capacity. A third garage is planned in the northeastern part of the city, close to Bolton.

doady

Member Bio
Reaction score
If York Region ever decides to provide the subdivisions in and around Kleinburg with transit service, then YRT could serve Bolton much easier than Brampton Transit could.

Btw, is it just me or does the Brampton Transit map never load.

Transportfan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Development is moving north along 50, and east along Mayfield. I'd imagine there will be BT service there within a decade.