News   Sep 20, 2019
 564     1 
News   Sep 20, 2019
 1.4K     0 

Brampton Transit/Zum

johntauren

Member Bio
Reaction score
Have you contacted them? They seem very willing to listen to customer suggestions/feedback.....I see what you are saying about that wait at Bramalea GO on weekend nghts....I wonder what the right amount of connection time is? 17 and 22 minutes does sound "long" but I wonder how much shorter you can make it before delayed GO buses mean people miss their connections frequently.
I do find that the Go buses at that time of day are often a few minutes early of the scheduled time (weeknight buses arrive at Bramalea City Centre scheduled for :03, but I can often make connections to Brampton buses that leave on the hour) , so it's more like you just missed a connection (that's once every 30 minutes) by a few minutes than having to wait over 20 minutes.
This is entirely all traffic dependent - I've had Go buses stuck trying to get out of downtown for about half-hour in an extreme case.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
It'd be really nice if all GO Transit buses on Route 31 that normally began or ended at Bramalea GO (most times, with the exception of very early mornings as well eastbound evenings after 8PM and westbound after 10PM) extended to Bramalea City Centre, for the additional connections available there.

An alternative could be to transfer to the GO 36 bus if only going as far up Bramalea Road as BCC. It's a free transfer too.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Proposed service improvements are up:

Nothing groundbreaking in terms of major new routes, but there are a number of changes. Route 4 Chinguacousy is seeing major ridership growth still, so there are plans for a new 4B branch to parallel 4/4A/104 to handle demand, with the 4B and 104 (possibly extended north) running in the peak direction only. Route 50 Gore Road too is up for some major changes to handle growth as well. A few changes in the northwest (routes 4/6/26/27 - with new weekend service for route 27).

But a lot of routes are designated for general service improvements, including all Zum routes, the 115 Airport Express and Even Route 8 Centre, and even weekend service on the 104.

Last edited:

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
^That project is noteworthy because it put various competing suppliers in a room and got them to agree to common standards so that a transit property is not wedded to one bus supplier by virtue of supply infrastructure etc.

- Paul

johntauren

Member Bio
Reaction score
28 Wanless looks to mostly a repeat of other routes, the only unique part of is the section on Remembrance Dr replacing the realignment of 27.

But, with 28 and 81, they do seem to adding more routes to the Sandalwood Loop.
New service deeper into Caldeon with 81, and rather oddly it turns around at a roundabout.

35A eliminated, but replaced with a ZUM stop at Vaughan Valley/Roybridge