News   Jun 17, 2024
 33     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 263     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.7K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Anthropologie is apparently opening on Yorkville Ave as well.

Does anyone know if Teatro Verde is still moving to Yorkville Avenue, or if it is staying put at Hazelton Lanes?

Yes, Anthro is confirmed on Yorkville and Don Mills Centre....we are still looking for additional locations in the GTA.

Hey mikeinyyz, you mentioned Diesel at Yorkville/Belair opening this year....where exactly and is this confirmed?

Diesel is opening at 110 Yorkville later this year (summer??).

Do you know when Anthro is opening in Yorkville? Will it be BEFORE or AFTER Don Mills Centre?

Diesel is opening at 110 Yorkville later this year (summer??).

Do you know when Anthro is opening in Yorkville? Will it be BEFORE or AFTER Don Mills Centre?

Not sure of extact timing for both openings, but I think DMC will be ready first....I'll provide an update though.

Not sure of extact timing for both openings, but I think DMC will be ready first....I'll provide an update though.

By the by, will we be seeing a confirmation soon for the Burberry flagship? It came as a surprise; especially when I was pinning that spot for the Dior store.

Diesel has signed into 100 Yorkville for a flagship store, significantly larger than the Montreal one. This is confirmed.

Thanks.

By the by, will we be seeing a confirmation soon for the Burberry flagship? It came as a surprise; especially when I was pinning that spot for the Dior store.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO M5S 1M4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 113421 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 2, 2009

Project: Retail Store Multiple Projects

Description: permit for interior alterations and interior demolition on basement, first and second floor, reorganizing basement exit stair on basement floor - Burbery Flagship Store

There is another app. for 146 Bloor West.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO M5S 1M4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 113421 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 2, 2009

Project: Retail Store Multiple Projects

Description: permit for interior alterations and interior demolition on basement, first and second floor, reorganizing basement exit stair on basement floor - Burbery Flagship Store

There is another app. for 146 Bloor West.

Awesome, thanks a lot!

So is Burberry (and it sounds like it will be a rather large Burberry boutique) is taking over the space, and the 146 location (what was the old store?) that housed Aveda (are they closing or re-locating)?

I saw on the Bloor Street thread that the Williams-Sonoma space at 100 Bloor is closed and under construction. Is this true?

Is Christofle going to close or re-locate?

Are the rents starting to drive out the low-to-mid level retailers?

Last edited:
So is Burberry (and it sounds like it will be a rather large Burberry boutique) is taking over the space, and the 146 location (what was the old store?) that housed Aveda (are they closing or re-locating)?

I saw on the Bloor Street thread that the Williams-Sonoma space at 100 Bloor is closed and under construction. Is this true?

Is Christofle going to close or re-locate?

Are the rents starting to drive out the low-to-mid level retailers?

Burberry is taking over the old Grand and Toy (which closed two years ago - it's currently the temporary location for Cole Haan). Williams-Sonoma hasn't closed that I'm aware of, there has just been scafolding there for the past year. Not sure why.

How large is the NOIR space? I'm guessing that will be an attractive space for a designer, luxury retailer.

Interesting articles I have.

The first is on the new Prada boutique:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090404.HOTSHOP04/TPStory/Entertainment

The other is on the changing ways of Bloor Street:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090404.BLOOR04/TPStory/National
Possibly the Dior now that Burberry is taking the space I was alluding to.

It is too bad, that was a nice store, they apparently had prblem paying their rents, and there was a notice on their store door for customers to get their orders at a different location. The sad thing is that Bloor is becoming occupied with big retail chains only, no room for exclusive specialed stores along that strip, even though I believe Noir is also a chain. Has Noir closed permanently or are they relocating?

Back