News   Jul 09, 2024
 533     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 545     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Ha. Im literally sitting in the window seat in the Bloor Starbucks. What happened to Cole Haan? it was closed and had scaffolding. Is it permanent or just a renovation.

cartier is starting to take shape too. Bloor has to get more high-end! UGH! Doesn't even compare to New York. Maybe even vancouver might start beating it! Comeon! We need an armani, dior, versace!

Renovations. Their temporary store is closer to Ave and Bloor.

As for getting more upscale, where are the stores going to go? I'm not even sure if there's room east of Yonge. A few places are opening up this summer on Yorkville Avenue, though.

Burberry is putting in their flagship store at 144 & 146 Bloor West. 2 levels.

Is that where the temporary Cole Haan store is right now?

Indeed it is and it's going to be pretty big, encompassing 2 storefronts on 2 levels.

Are they going to tear down the entire building, or will they renovate the ground floor and second floor once Cole Haan moves back to its regular spot?

Apple is looking to take 150 Bloor St W (in talks with landlord) next door to Burberry and Hugo Boss will go into 83 Bloor St W between Tiffany's and Guess.

Is there substantial available space at 150 Bloor West? It doesn't initially strike me as an appropriate location for an Apple flagship store.

All existing tenants at 150 Bloor would vacate the current space and the existing retail space would be redeveloped with Apple taking 2 levels...this would be similar to the space Brooks Bro. were to have taken, but that deal went nowhere. Bottom line is that the space would undergo substantial work in order to accomadate a flagship retail tenant.

Interesting. Once you hear any final word on that, there is an Apple store thread here too, if you could please post to that (which I am duplicating these posts to). Thanks!

I was in Montreal's Ste. Catherine St. flagship store last week where they had total control over the exterior, which I think owing to the structure here will be not be possible in our case. The Montreal store looks good, but does not have a very long presence along the street. It is maybe 50 feet wide? Impressively huge glass facade still... In any case, taking the entire front of 150 would allow Apple to make a splash here too.

Burberry Bloor St will open Nov-1-09 total retail 8,400 sq.ft. to be split 50% over ground and 2nd floor.

10 March 2009 photo update

Today walking along Bloor West, I decided to take photos of the current retail scene.

1)Holts current theme:
dsc00853.jpg

2)Looks like this store is finished--or are they moving? Who's taking over this location?
dsc00867m.jpg

3)Now that the condo proposal here is dead, what's going on? (Notice peeling paint etc.)
dsc00870f.jpg

4)Cartier renos
dsc00875pku.jpg

5)Bloor-Yorkville sidewalk construction?
dsc00879t.jpg

6)Yummy
dsc00873l.jpg

7)yummy v2.0
dsc00877m.jpg

8)150 Bloor St West--future Apple store? Looks awkward....
dsc00882.jpg

9)Pray the Lord grant thee much wealth to shop in Yorkville:
dsc00885.jpg

Great pictures UD.

Hugo Boss is taking over that location. I spoke to one of the assistants in the current shop there, and he said they're in there all the time taking measurements and whatnot. Apparently the new store will completely demolish what is there and build a new steel/glass/stone thing; so say bye to the Gianni aesthetics.

I hope they don't destroy the mosaics. Nothing says '80s excess like the Versace mosaics ... they're priceless retail 'heritage' and workmanship of the highest quality.

Back