News   Jun 28, 2024
 4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Doesn't look taller than Scotiatower which it should considering its in front of it.

Yes, but the buildings spire would be several feet higher than Scotia's roof.

On paper, BA was taller than Scotia. I'll get the exact numbers over the weekend.

Pics from above
BAC will block most of my North view when finished :(

Taken April 02, 2008.

bac-1_apr10.JPG

bac-2_apr10.JPG

Fantastic vantage point and thanks for the photos. Made my day.

Yes, but the buildings spire would be several feet higher than Scotia's roof.

On paper, BA was taller than Scotia. I'll get the exact numbers over the weekend.

Oh the spire cheat.

i'm on the 69th floor.

Wow Richard E. Waugh is a UT member :)

Bay Adelaide will be shorter so your view won't be affected. Trump is another matter.

Nice Pics PSnake, thanks!

Are you sure they were taken on the 10th though? based on construction progress they seem to be from about a week ago.

The photo makes me realize how many ugly short office buildings could be demolished for new monster skyscrapers going forward....

Minus fifty points for suggesting that historic Art Deco towers should bite the dust.

Minus a billion points for using the words "going forward" in a post. Aargh! Those words should not be used outside of a middle management power point presentation.

I wasn't referring to art deco towers; I mean in the general area there are many boring generic towers that could potentially bite the dust. "Going forward" I shall attempt to use hipper words .... like ??? (I probably have read too many "forward-looking statements" from pos press releases for my investing DD stuff.)

Going backward into Henry Williamson's era....

u_d

I wasn't referring to art deco towers; I mean in the general area there are many boring generic towers that could potentially bite the dust.

Good answer, because I love that handful of art-deco towers on Bay between King and Queen. 390 Bay St needs to go, if anything around there.

And on the shadowing issues on NPS, that's fair enough on City Hall's part; but it's too bad the square is so close to our tallest buildings. It seems a primary reason for very tall buildings (which I love) not being built, so I wish they'd either suck it up or allow more height in other areas. I'd really like a true 1000 footer some day.

Back