News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Can't see why not. They did the same with the Canada Trust Tower back in the late 90's, with just the top few floors being all metal. But this is a square tower.

The crane is also now visible from the eastbound Gardiner coming into the downtown.

This addition is going to make a huge impact on the skyline's east/west views.

Can Trust was early 90's, 1991 I believe it was finished because I was in my second year of college and used to walk by it almost everyday heading to the Blue Jays game when I likely should have been doing homework....

as for the cement are they pumping it or lifting in buckets with the crane... I would think after a certain height they'd have to lift it, no?

And ya, this is going to be a huge year for construction all over downtown... all these muddy holes we've been staring at during 2007 are going to be reaching for the sky!

I wonder if they will keep the webcam aimed towards the base as it is right now, or tilt it up so that it keeps the top of forms in view?

Starting to peek out from Jarvis and Lombard.

IMG_6599.jpg

Can Trust was early 90's, 1991 I believe it was finished because I was in my second year of college and used to walk by it almost everyday heading to the Blue Jays game when I likely should have been doing homework....

as for the cement are they pumping it or lifting in buckets with the crane... I would think after a certain height they'd have to lift it, no?

And ya, this is going to be a huge year for construction all over downtown... all these muddy holes we've been staring at during 2007 are going to be reaching for the sky!

Yeah, I meant to say late 80's.

jaw droppin' pic.

I wonder how a Calgary boy got the best shot yet of B/A??

Must of been in TO on business, doing financing for his oil drilling operation.

Can't wait for Doors Open this year to get some shots from the 54th floor of TD Tower. Some good opportunities to get a shot of RBC from there as well. Both will be far along by then (May, I think).

indeed! Ive been meaning to get out to Doors Open for the last couple years and something's always come up. Many of the current projects should be reaching nice heights by then...

^those two photos from roughly the same angle really show how much has changed.

BA is going to make Bay feel super-urban.

The forms are moving skyward. - But this time there is something different.

One form got left behind, as it will no longer be needed as the core narrows.

The forms are doing quite the little dance.

Can't believe how fast the core is rising... I suspect it is something to do with pumping concrete versus the old bucket and crane that used to be the norm.

My cherished view of TD will soon be toast.

forms.jpg

Back