News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

BayAdelaide.jpg

The forms are doing quite the little dance.

Can't believe how fast the core is rising... I suspect it is something to do with pumping concrete versus the old bucket and crane that used to be the norm.

My cherished view of TD will soon be toast.

forms.jpg

Great shot 3D!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome Pic. Loving the TD backdrop as well.

Last night around 5pm, the crane was lifting 2 buckets of concrete at the same time, while 2 concrete trucks were pouring concrete into pump machine at the same time.

6 other concrete trucks where waiting to off load on both streets.

I just miss the buckets with this shot.

With the new gate framing for Trump, there will be construction shacks over top of the gate also to the ones north of the gates. Looks like Bay will be the main gate for Trump

2217122664_3ecdafa508_b.jpg

I remember watching Scotiaplaza go up from my bedroom window when I was a kid.

Don't remember too much about BCE Place ("Brookfield Place") Cause I didn't have a good view of it going up.

Anways this is the most gigantic skyscraper I've seen go up in over 20 years.....

Nice pics!

Looks like they're keeping to a schedule of 5 days per floor, on pace for topping out the core by the end of July.

Your view must be pretty good as well geekaroo.

Interesting you should say that - between BA and Trump, our little building will have no view, at all, whatsoever in a few months.

Dumb question: when commercial buildings are constructed, do tenants move in as floors are available, or only until the entire building is complete?

/\ I believe, as in the case with apartment buildings and condos, that tenants can move in as soon as the floor is available for lease - they are trying to make money after all. However, my opinion is an uninformed guess, perhaps someone with more experience could better field the question?

On large enough buildings lower floors will be turned over for tenant outfit (non-structural customizations that the tenants will want, like partition walls and lobby space and such) before the building is complete, but no one actually moves in until the building is done.

^^No, I am pretty sure its not possible, nor would any building owner want this- regardless of the money the tenant is paying. First off, you have all sorts of trades still finishing parts of the building above, not to mention all the workers around the building and around the base, loading materials etc., and all the staging areas around the base as well. You would not want to put anyone at risk who is not a part of the construction process-or anyone involved for that matter.

p5

Dumb question: when commercial buildings are constructed, do tenants move in as floors are available, or only until the entire building is complete?
I believe some offices are already operating in the lower floors of the Trump tower under construction in Chicago. There's a thread about it in the World section.

Back