News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

i gotta say that it's working.

it's unusual, catchy and fun. hope the person working on it gets a raise.

Core setback begins?

BayAdelaide-Jan19,08(4).jpg

BayAdelaide-Jan19,08(6).jpg

Nice pics Ed.

According to my calculations, at the current rate of progress the core should reach full height by about mid/end July. The core setback means they're at floor 17 now, and the top office floor is 51, so at 5 days per floor, that takes us to 170 days from now, July 8th. Adding in a couple more weeks for mechanical floors above takes us to mid/end July.

I would suspect only slightly, but maybe not that much. Later stages, where the core is narrower will rise faster for sure..

I haven't looked at the diagram posted a few posts back- how many core setbacks are there?

p5

I wonder if a smaller, set-back core might rise faster than the bigger one has so far?

Probably, but the higher they go the longer it takes to get materials like cement up there.

I wonder if a smaller, set-back core might rise faster than the bigger one has so far?

As far as I know, the limiting factor is the cure time for the concrete -- it has to be strong enough to support the weight of the next level (plus the equipment and formwork). Curing concrete is an exothermic process (the chemical change itself generates heat), but it still takes longer at lower temperatures.

We are just entering the cold portion of the winter, so I would expect the rise rate to be at its slowest over the next two months or so, and then speed up as the ambient temperature rises.

Bill

Probably, but the higher they go the longer it takes to get materials like cement up there.

i think they are pumping cement so it shouldn't be a factor. don't forget as the core gets smaller it will take less effort to build a level as there is less area to have to construct

Are they going to be pumping cement all the way to the top?

Can't see why not. They did the same with the Canada Trust Tower back in the late 90's, with just the top few floors being all metal. But this is a square tower.

The crane is also now visible from the eastbound Gardiner coming into the downtown.

This addition is going to make a huge impact on the skyline's east/west views.

Back