News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 980     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 369     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

They probably aren't fastened in properly yet.

I am quite certain that their orientation was planned -- the ends of the 'side extensions' of all the upright girders form a straight line in the air. The ones that look bent simply have longer side extensions, with their length proportional to the amount of 'bending'. I don't know for sure, but I would bet that this is related to the facade that will be attached later.

Bill

Little Update.
DSC_2962copy.jpg

Seems like they will have four elevators.
DSC_2965copy.jpg

DSC_2967copy.jpg

The steel, where I assume the old facade will go is really weird, all jagged and huge.
DSC_2966copy.jpg

DSC_2968copy.jpg

DSC_2970copy.jpg

This kinda looked dangerous with the wind and all, but I am sure they knew what they were doing.
DSC_2972copy.jpg

Thanks
Paul

Awesome, nice update, thanks.

According to my count, it looks like the top of the forms is at about floor 16, So the next raising of the forms should show evidence of the first core narrowing.

Great images.

The first really puts some perspective on this project.

Please keep on contributing; it's much appreciated.

The core frames have risen again. The small core narrowing should be visible at the top left, but it's hard to see as it is sticking out of the frame.
BA_2008-01-19.png

The commie-style construction illustrations really contrast with the cutesy-corny joke about their freezing cranes... someone is really having fun at the marketing department of BAC.

Still, their hoarding is much more exciting and engaging to the average pedestrian. Remember the sexy blue hoarding outside TLS? We had that for something like FOUR YEARS!

Back