News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 446     0 

Apple Store

My understanding is that U of T is booting both Club Monaco and Ombudsman Ontario to convert the building into the new home of the U of T Art Centre.

My understanding is that U of T is booting both Club Monaco and Ombudsman Ontario to convert the building into the new home of the U of T Art Centre.

Could you complain to the ombudsman (ombudsperson?) about that? :D

I suppose you could, but I certainly wouldn't--seems like a fabulous idea.

I think they need a flagship store, Yonge-Dundas should have been the place for it [too bad they are in the TEC]. The Club Monaco building (Bloor) is an interesting alternative although what about those bank buildings on Yonge just south of Shutter? A glass cube (like in NY) could be constructed between the properties and to top it off it could be affiliated with Ryerson whereby Ryerson residences / classrooms could be the density above...sorry about that back to reality. They will probably put it in 1 Bloor East.

1BE is a logical location, however, they are currently and planning on in 2008 doing a major expansion of their Retail stores. They may not want to wait til 2012 to move into Yorkville. As an alternative, I think the former Far Coast/Sporting Life building would be awesome to do a multi-level store, though it might be a bit too small. Or just force out the RBC on the north east corner of YB

Or just force out the RBC on the north east corner of YB

Haha... banks don't get "forced out" of anywhere. RBC will never give up that corner - I can see them possibly redeveloping their branch, but not leaving.

I think they need a flagship store, Yonge-Dundas should have been the place for it [too bad they are in the TEC]. The Club Monaco building (Bloor) is an interesting alternative although what about those bank buildings on Yonge just south of Shutter? A glass cube (like in NY) could be constructed between the properties and to top it off it could be affiliated with Ryerson whereby Ryerson residences / classrooms could be the density above...sorry about that back to reality. They will probably put it in 1 Bloor East.

I could see them moving out of the EC if they can get a location near the intersection. Perhaps if one of the businesses at TLS doesn't work out they'll move there.

The Eaton Centre location would most likely have a long term lease with a clause keeping Apple from opening another store close by.

I spoke to an Apple store employee over the holidays who said they realized the Eaton Centre store was too small as soon as they opened.

I always find myself disappointed in the Apple Store. I've already by my iMac G5 and iPod, so I'm going in there for software to use on my machine, and rarely do they have any of the games or applications I want. So, I rarely go into the Apple Stores, and instead order what I want from Apple's website.

Well they could move and keep it in the EC, by taking over the long-vacated J.J. Muggs location on the north end of the Centre (along Dundas St W).

The one thing that bugs me about the Eaton Centre redo was the dead space they left between H&M and the Ryerson Business School. Something like Apple here would be amazing.

The one thing that bugs me about the Eaton Centre redo was the dead space they left between H&M and the Ryerson Business School. Something like Apple here would be amazing.

No kidding! That dead space is the flaw of this whole restructure thingy. Can they open a few eateries there with few tables and chairs? At least put up the glasses for product display instead of the boring dead zone. It creates a disconnection to Canadian Tire.

The Canadian Tire's messed up too. Before you can go from one level to the next via the elevator you have to pay at the cashier. Last week I took my family to Canadian Tire there and wanted one thing on the first floor, and had to pay to get to the elevator to go to the second floor, and then bought something on the second floor, and then remembered something else we needed on the first floor, requiring a third payout. Any other store would never have you go through the cashier three times for three separate items.

Canadian Tire at Yonge & Dundas

The Canadian Tire's messed up too. Before you can go from one level to the next via the elevator you have to pay at the cashier. Last week I took my family to Canadian Tire there and wanted one thing on the first floor, and had to pay to get to the elevator to go to the second floor, and then bought something on the second floor, and then remembered something else we needed on the first floor, requiring a third payout. Any other store would never have you go through the cashier three times for three separate items.

I haven't had that experience at that store. In fact, they have a very large escalator system in the middle of the store which includes a system to handle shopping carts so that you don't have to check out on one floor before you go to the next floor.

The elevator is actually outside of the retail floor of the Canadian Tire store and is for the entire building and goes up into the parking garage so it only makes sense that you would have to pay before getting on the elevator otherwise the shoplifting at that store would be incredibly high.

what i think beez is saying is that if you are using a stroller or a wheelchair, the elevator system makes no sense at that store... Yes, they have their cart-escalator, which is cool and all, but it's useless for those with strollers and wheelchairs, who have no choice but to use the elevator, and thus, have to enter and leave the "paid merchandise" zone to continue shopping. this set up really makes no sense at all...

It's like if the TTC had elevators that went straight to the trains instead of separate ones between paid areas and unpaid areas.

Back