News   Jul 18, 2024
 973     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 884     0 

androiduk's My Toronto

Castle Frank subway station. Probably due for a makeover in the next few years

casfrank.jpg

thank you again, mr. photo-of-the-day

He's Mr. Photo Of The Day recently because I'm trying to not just emphasize new projects and skyline shots. We need other photographers to do the same. And his shots are great as well.

More good pics of My Toronto...

Android: 10/20 -The TTC Castle Frank Station looks OK for it age now that it is just past 40 now - it was nicely designed in a utilitarian era.

10/21 - Is the Don Jail still a jail? I remember the Nick Gaol AYH Hostel in Ottawa was a former jail-cells were used for bed space. I can't shake the thoughts of Elvis doing "Jailhouse Rock" or nicknames like the hoosegow,the joint,the hole,the Big House...that's enough.

10/21- Filmore's Hotel looks like an old classic...

10/22 - That "travel writers" pic looks like it was in a antique or flea market-with that projector in the background to show the travelogues or home made Super 8
film flicks...the typewriters look like late 60s/early 70s to me. Those globes can be dated by looking at the country names that no longer exist-like the USSR.

Thoughts from LI MIKE

Croft St. formerly Ulster Ave. Named after John Croft, the only person to die in the great fire of 1904

croft.jpg

I often stroll along Croft St. on the way over to Manic Coffee and picture the laneway lined with infill housing like this and that converted munitions factory. There's great potential for this and other laneways in the city, if only the moratorium on laneway housing were lifted.

St. Matthews Lawn Bowling Clubhouse in it's new home on Broadview just north of Gerrard. Built in 1906, it was moved 500 metres from it's previous location in front of the Don Jail

stmattew.jpg

Back