963     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

2019 Ontario Liberal Leadership Race / Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't fall into the trap of linear thinking. That all gov'ts are majorities.

We know better, federally, right now.

The Greens have one seat, I think based on what I know, they would stand a realistic chance at 3-4 if an election were held tomorrow.

4 seats gave the BC Greens the balance of power!

Stop messing with the FPTP narrative of wasted votes because, apparently, not voting at all is better.

No, it's true though, some people won't find a party they like and will abstain. That's a fine choice for the right reasons.

Don't fall into the trap of linear thinking. That all gov'ts are majorities.

We know better, federally, right now.

The Greens have one seat, I think based on what I know, they would stand a realistic chance at 3-4 if an election were held tomorrow.

4 seats gave the BC Greens the balance of power!
You are, of course, correct and I have seen several very productive minority governments but I suspect most people's first choice is a majority government led by their favourite party. Decisions on strategic voting tend to be made during campaigns.

You are, of course, correct and I have seen several very productive minority governments but I suspect most people's first choice is a majority government led by their favourite party.

That's because "most people" are self-centred dicks.

You are, of course, correct and I have seen several very productive minority governments but I suspect most people's first choice is a majority government led by their favourite party.
I remember Trudeau minority in 1972 - well remember being told about it.
Same with Ontario in 1984 and 2011.
Lot of reckless spending occurred in those periods. Even Martin in 04 to some degree threw caution to the wind as well.
Harper too - and it's a good thing he got his majority as that was what was needed to bring us back to balance.

I remember Trudeau minority in 1972 - well remember being told about it.
Same with Ontario in 1984 and 2011.
Lot of reckless spending occurred in those periods. Even Martin in 04 to some degree threw caution to the wind as well.
Harper too - and it's a good thing he got his majority as that was what was needed to bring us back to balance.

Why do you think that happened though?

It was because the government of the day had to bribe everyone to stay in power.

What does that tell us?

It tells us that not only was the government power-hungry, but that the opposition parties were self-interested parasites as well.

So it isn't the fault of the minority situation as much as it is the fault of the arrogant blockheads vying for power and influence.
What we need is for people to think more of their country and less of their pathetic political club.

Hard request, I know. We'll see how it goes federally this time around, eh?

1581305481411.png

How Depressing.

View attachment 230148

How Depressing.

Wow, they really wanna lose the next election, don't they?

And what's the deal with the NDP? Are they honestly going to have Andrea Horwath lead them into yet another election??

Very surprised how far back Mitzie Hunter is in the race. I also expected Couteau to do much better.

And what's the deal with the NDP? Are they honestly going to have Andrea Horwath lead them into yet another election??

The NDP should definitely fire their advisors. However, Horwath is a campaign veteran and performed well last election. Anything can happen in two years. I think it would be foolish to drop her as leader.

View attachment 230148

How Depressing.
Del Duca will ensure that we're stuck with Doug Ford for four more years. Congrats.

I enjoyed watching the debate on TVO. It was more like a candidate introduction to be honest.

While I’m sure Del Duca, Coteau and Hunter are fine individuals and formidable campaigners within the Liberal Party I really found them clueless as to why they got trounced in the last election. I was much more impressed with the policy and points of view of the fresh blood candidates; although, I recognize that their probability of becoming leader being near zero affords them greater latitude to say things that make sense.

The Star has endorsed Del Duca.

I will give him credit, he has run a well-organized campaign, grass-roots up. Obviously helps to have considerable developer family wealth to back you, but I am really not surprised that he is the front-runner with some distance between him and second place.

I just also am near sure that he will fail to inspire the electorate in the next provincial election.

While I’m sure Del Duca, Coteau and Hunter are fine individuals and formidable campaigners within the Liberal Party I really found them clueless as to why they got trounced in the last election.

Low-information, circular-reasoning voters who hated Wynne because everybody hated her, and now suffer from buyer's remorse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back