News   Sep 03, 2024
 274     1 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 462     0 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 1.1K     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Can you provide any evidence that Wynne is well-liked and popular?

Or you gonna suggest its all fake news?

Wynne is going down, you can ban me for 6 months if she wins, thats how certain I am.

Online polls are fake news, yes, but my point was not that Wynne is popular. She is very unpopular and winning another majority is extremely unlikely, if not impossible. My point was that these polls showing Ford way out ahead despite his considerable negatives are questionable, not least when they're released as online push surveys with the involvement of the likes of Kouvalis.

Fixed it. Was probably me moving around multiple citations.
Thanks for that. Obviously it was unintentional, but it was an easy thing to happen. I'm still short on time to dig further, but will revisit it later when time permits to see what's happening. See if you can reproduce by quoting that phrase again, and of course, erase it as quickly as possible if it does go up on the page.

Some browsers may be more prone to dissipating it than others.

Online polls are fake news, yes, but my point was not that Wynne is popular. She is very unpopular and winning another majority is extremely unlikely, if not impossible. My point was that these polls showing Ford way out ahead despite his considerable negatives are questionable, not least when they're released as online push surveys with the involvement of the likes of Kouvalis.
There's a massively disproportionate disconnect. But there's a massively disproportionate advantage for the status-quo as well. By hyping how 'omnipotent' Ford is, I see the Mussolini factor coming into play. The 'power' is built on quicksand, and one stumble will bring the whole 'structure' down. David and Goliath.

Meantime, examination of voter 'manipulation' continues at a rapid pace. Have voters been 'manipulated' in the past? lol...obviously. But not to the degree it is now, and what's come out so far appears to be skirting the line of legality (funding this alone is going to be a legal quagmire). It's a matter of time until illegalities are established. It won't be in Canada that the breakthrough happens, but we're next in line. 'Inquisitive Minds' are digging deeply on this as I type.

Maybe because the Liberals and NDP when in power have done nothing for Northern Ontario other than putting some public sector offices in North Bay and the like, and ON tax credits to those living on reservations, and other programs that do little for those not employed by the province.
No one has done much of anything for Northern Ontario. The NDP haven't been in power, Bob Rae being the exception, so there is still support. North Bay? That's the Gateway to the North. I'm talking real Northern Ontario :)

The NDP haven't been in power, Bob Rae being the exception
Once, and a full term at that, does not equate an exception. It's a binary position, they've either been in power or they have not.

Every party has to have a first time. Rae was it for the NDP. Horvath stands a chance at making it a second time for the NDP.
North Bay? That's the Gateway to the North. I'm talking real Northern Ontario :)
I know, but I thought of North Bay, and perhaps Timmins and Thunder Bay, because of the Ontario government's efforts to move civil service office jobs there.

My point was beyond moving civil service desks around the province, Queens Park has done little for the north. After 15 years in power, instead of enacting crippling hydro increases, why haven't the Liberals begun heavy investment in the Ring of Fire?

Most politicians complain that four years isn't enough time to put their strategies into play....but surely 15 is enough to show some significant progress?

Last edited:
See Spacing Toronto, at this link, for an article on

What a Doug Ford government will do about (or to) transit

In the next few days, work crews will begin tearing up the intersection of Finch Ave. West and Martin Grove — deep in the heart of Ford Nation – in order to shift some buried Enbridge gas lines.

This isn’t a City project; however. It’s the latest chapter of the Finch West LRT construction project, which has been in the ground for many months, with a great deal of work underway. As of late January, 2018, in fact, Metrolinx had spent $236.3 million on the line, or approximately a fifth of the 2010 budget of $1.2 billion, according to agency spokesperson Anne Marie Aikins.

Remember this non-trivial figure (roughly equivalent to a 10% property tax hike) when Progressive Conservative leader Doug Ford begins yelling about infrastructure and transit in Greater Toronto. This seemingly inevitable gong-show will rumble through the election campaign, and almost certainly feature threats to wrest the subway system away from the City of Toronto as well as ice or cancel approved LRT projects and the Relief Line, that subway tailor-made, we’ll be assured, for Toronto’s champagne-swilling elites...

Myself, and maybe others, I would be afraid, be very afraid.

The flurry of announcements from this government lacks coherence, from where I sit. They risk not gaining traction and just coming off as people who will do anything to get elected.

I agree, the optics aren't good. They'd be better off announcing them as part of a platform and promoting that instead.

The polls are not fake news as the polls both showed high disapproval of Ford and high support for him.

This seems not possible but you guys seem to just not fathom how unpopular Wynne is with a large segment of the population.

A lot of people who dislike Ford are people who would never Vote Tory anyway, so his most hardcore haters would never support Ford. The thing is that there are a lot of people who do not like Ford but frankly want to see Wynne out of office and frankly are more than willing and are currently rallying behind Doug Ford.
I would likely classify myself in that group. Before you label me with insults of a low information voter, frankly I would normally vote for the Liberals but think its time to send the party to the nuked for a few years.

Now, why is Wynne Unpopular and the argument I hear it is because she is Lesbian? Well as bi-curious young female and to a lot of my female friends, we do not like her either. It is frankly her personality is very unlikeable and it is rather clear she is snobbish and arrogant and clearly does not give a crap that people do not like her as she is deluded with a personal sense of self-righteousness. I think it really rubs people off the wrong way and she seems rather boring and tired and well past her due date.

I agree, the optics aren't good. They'd be better off announcing them as part of a platform and promoting that instead.

The media is mostly selling them as vote buying.

I think its very clear the media are not going to be helpful to the Liberals at all this time around.

They seem to be Pro Ford.

The polls are not fake news as the polls both showed high disapproval of Ford and high support for him.

This seems not possible but you guys seem to just not fathom how unpopular Wynne is with a large segment of the population.

A lot of people who dislike Ford are people who would never Vote Tory anyway, so his most hardcore haters would never support Ford. The thing is that there are a lot of people who do not like Ford but frankly want to see Wynne out of office and frankly are more than willing and are currently rallying behind Doug Ford.
I would likely classify myself in that group. Before you label me with insults of a low information voter, frankly I would normally vote for the Liberals but think its time to send the party to the nuked for a few years.

Now, why is Wynne Unpopular and the argument I hear it is because she is Lesbian? Well as bi-curious young female and to a lot of my female friends, we do not like her either. It is frankly her personality is very unlikeable and it is rather clear she is snobbish and arrogant and clearly does not give a crap that people do not like her as she is deluded with a personal sense of self-righteousness. I think it really rubs people off the wrong way and she seems rather boring and tired and well past her due date.
So what you are saying is that you are a Bi-curious immigrant women who is willing to vote for Ford?! I am ashamed I ever lived in Scarborough.

So what you are saying is that you are a Bi-curious immigrant women who is willing to vote for Ford?! I am ashamed I ever lived in Scarborough.

I live in Brampton and I am born in Canada but have Indian Parents.

My parents are going for NDP (voted liberal entire life) but I think all my cousins from my age to 35 and such are going for Ford or not voting at all as they are not happy with Wynne.

Its quite a change from 2014 and such.

I will admit the reasons for voting for Ford by a lot of my cousins has to do with she is corrupt and wastes money. Sort of a breeding ground for Fordism to fester here in Brampton.

Back