News   Apr 26, 2024
 414     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 541     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only one incumbent lost in 2014, while five lost in 2010. I think these five losses are possible:

Di Ciano
Grimes
Bailao (It will probably be Palacio vs. Bailao with the wards redrawn)
Carmichael Greb (won by a squeaker in 2014, very unimpressive first term)
Mammo

Dyanoosh Youssefi, who placed third against Greb in 2014, is running again according to her Twitter bio https://twitter.com/DyanooshY

Last edited:
Only one incumbent lost in 2014, while five lost in 2010. I think these five losses are possible:

Di Ciano
Grimes
Bailao (It will probably be Palacio vs. Bailao with the wards redrawn)
Carmichael Greb (won by a squeaker in 2014, very unimpressive first term)
Mammo

Dyanoosh Youssefi, who placed third against Greb in 2014, is running again according to her Twitter bio https://twitter.com/DyanooshY
Mammo will get re-elected until he dies.

Great. Next do one predicting whether Toronto will ever see the last of Perks, Mihevc and Matlow. :D
Those are some of the best councillors we have. Moderates, logical and follow reason. They are the voice of sanity.

Is that a sure thing? I hadn't heard any "reliable" rumours.

I know of at least one who should have a good shot, and have heard from others that there's at least a second (which is actually bad re: vote splitting, again).

I know of at least one who should have a good shot, and have heard from others that there's at least a second (which is actually bad re: vote splitting, again).

I've heard of one really great candidate for the new Ward 14 (which has nearly the same boundaries as the existing Ward 16) who has the support of some prominent residents and a 2014 candidate who's not running again, but yes, vote splitting will not be beneficial there.

This is getting my hopes up about a certain former civil servant running for municipal office...

Those are some of the best councillors we have. Moderates, logical and follow reason. They are the voice of sanity.

Perks...moderate? I'm left wing, and even I think he's quite extreme. Sarah Doucette on the other hand is moderate, and a voice of sanity.

Back