News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

And this is where this becomes just totally implausible.

Your possibly the only person on the entire planet who hasn't heard about this. I really have to think your just trolling us here!

Implausible am I? That's interesting. Now you question my very existence! I have NOT, NOT, NOT heard the tapes you are referring to, what part of that statement don't you understand? The part where I question the ulterior motives of web posted audio tapes with suspect origins? Or the part when I live a life that does NOT involve getting my news from webchat?

I for one refuse to tolerate bigots. If you're bigoted and, more importantly, know that you're bigoted, I want absolutely nothing to do with you.
There is no way you have shut out at least 25 percent of the black community. You know many of the community don't support gay marriage eh?
Of course, as the saying goes - in a democracy the people gets the government it deserves. The only problem is, what is "the people"?

AoD
Good Question. I would like to say anyone that voted for him. But I think those who didn't vote last time are just as guilty
Surely making light of such legally and socially unacceptable bigotry against gay marriage is offensive.
This is the last comment I'll make on this. The fact is people don't care 7 weeks out about this any longer. And it's not the same.

I've never supported Chow. I've clearly stated I'm want to see someone else in this race. And Chow herself has said she screwed up ... what would possess me to not want to admit that a candidate I don't favour screwed up when they themselves admit it.
Fair enough.

Last edited:
Implausible am I? That's interesting. Now you question my very existence! I have NOT, NOT, NOT heard the tapes you are referring to, what part of that statement don't you understand?
I don't understand the bit where every newspaper on the planet reported about Rob Ford's racist rants. Every news broadcast on the planet mentioned Rob Ford's racist rants. Every talk show in North America did long comedy bits about Rob Ford's racist rants And you are trying to insist you didn't hear about it. Unless you were in a coma for the last year, it's completely implausible.

The part where I question the ulterior motives of web posted audio tapes with suspect origins? Or the part when I live a life that does NOT involve getting my news from webchat?
No one is talking about a Webchat. I'm talking about every newspaper and news broadcast on the planet. I suppose kidnapped by aliens and taken to a different planet might also provide you with some plausibility.

There is no way you have shut out at least 25 percent of the black community. You know many of the community don't support gay marriage eh?
So your implying that the black community is more prejudiced than other Canadians?

Either way, I see no need not to shut out those that practice prejudice.

The Caribbean community can be very homophobic. Jamaica is known as one of the most anti-gay countries in the world, putting men in jail for 10 years just because they are gay (women get no punishment). Other such laws exist in several African countries.

The Caribbean community can be very homophobic. Jamaica is known as one of the most anti-gay countries in the world, putting men in jail for 10 years just because they are gay (women get no punishment). Other such laws exist in several African countries.

Attitudes that were no doubt influenced by all the Western evangelical Christian activists doing their "works" in those countries.

Rob Ford out of the mayor's race. He'll run in ward 2.
Doug Ford is running for mayor.

Did John Tory just win the mayor's race today? I think so...

Back