News   May 23, 2024
 112     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 883     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 702     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

Can't wait for the next mayoralty debate where Doug Ford will bray and bully the Ford brand down to single digits.

Can't wait for the next mayoralty debate where Doug Ford will bray and bully the Ford brand down to single digits.
It does seem an odd move. I'd have thought a sick Rob, would have gotten more votes, than a health Doug.

There's also nothing stopping the other candidates going after Doug now. They'd have had to have been pretty careful what they said about Rob.

There is one scheduled for Harbourfront on Tuesday. I wonder if Doug will show. It is going to be televised via Rogers

Someone with the last name Ford should enter the race, just to split the Ford Nation vote.

WHD: With Doug Ford taking RF's place you just got what you wished for...

I am taking this news of RF dropping out of the Toronto Mayor race in after literally just finding out myself minutes ago
and to have RF taking his nephew Mike's place to run in Ward 2 is a interesting strategic move...Whether RF will be healthy
enough to assume a run for this local office remains to be seen...LI MIKE

Last edited:
Stintz and Soks are likely kicking themselves now. Now that the stakes are reduced there is time and place for real debate and consideration of options.

There is a lesson to be had here, if you are in Soks position there is really no reason to not wait until an hour before the deadline to withdraw candidacy. Anything can happen.

With Rob gone and Thug probably unlikely to gain more than 10% of the vote, Soknacki suddenly became a viable candidate for a good portion of Tory and Chow supporters.

Disgusting. A candidate who can't take a firm position on Rob Ford and his mayoralty got exactly what she deserves.

AoD

Yup, and reporters gave her 10 tries to say something about Doug and isn't he just like Rob or is he worse or anything and she said she wouldn't comment until he makes his speech later tonight.

I thought Tory's speech started weak but he got better. Whereas Olivia Chow refused to say anything at all about Doug, Tory said straight up that he is worse for the city than Rob was, for all the reasons we know. He insults and attacks people, he doesn't get along with council, he's divisive etc.

I don't know why she refuses to engage, refuses to show any fire, refuses to even put on the gloves, much less take them off - but I know why she's losing in the polls. Her weak sauce response to this has sealed her fate for good as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Just to add she went on CP24 to talk about Tory's comments and said he was nasty and you shouldn't kick people when they're down and it's Rob's day and it's so sad because it's obviously a job he loved etc. Maybe she's unaware Rob felt well enough today to sign up for a council job? This is her failure in a nutshell.
Q: Do you think Doug is, like Tory said, cut from the cloth as Rob?
A: I don't know that. We should let the new candidate make a statement.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Disgusting. A candidate who can't take a firm position on Rob Ford and his mayoralty got exactly what she deserves.

AoD

Yup, and reporters gave her 10 tries to say something about Doug and isn't he just like Rob or is he worse or anything and she said she wouldn't comment until he makes his speech later tonight.

I thought Tory's speech started weak but he got better. Whereas Olivia Chow refused to say anything at all about Doug, Tory said straight up that he is worse for the city than Rob was, for all the reasons we know. He insults and attacks people, he doesn't get along with council, he's divisive etc.

I don't know why she refuses to engage, refuses to show any fire, refuses to even put on the gloves, much less take them off - but I know why she's losing in the polls. Her weak sauce response to this has sealed her fate for good as far as I'm concerned.

John Tory just ripped Doug right now too.

Back