News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, along Yonge Street they have been fairly diligent at replacing the asphalt fill with concrete and granite afterwards, when the weather allows. The only exception seems to be where the poles meet the sidewalk, which I think is still not done.

St. Clair West is so bad for that..

Toronto Life Quotes UrbanToronto

In the June edition of Toronto Life, in an article on 1BE ("A Whole Lot of Nothing" by Richard Poplak), UrbanToronto is quoted:

"Real Estate blogs are rife with scuttlebutt on the seeming complexity of the project's financing. "We're freaking here. What's going on?' wrote one person on the UrbanToronto forum....." There are a couple of more quotes after that.

The article goes on to state that June 15th is the crunch day; they can call it quits and give people their money back or else it can drag on for a long time. "The longer construction is delayed, the more difficult it becomes for buyers to recover their money."

An interesting article.

In the June edition of Toronto Life, in an article on 1BE ("A Whole Lot of Nothing" by Richard Poplak), UrbanToronto is quoted:

"Real Estate blogs are rife with scuttlebutt on the seeming complexity of the project's financing. "We're freaking here. What's going on?' wrote one person on the UrbanToronto forum....." There are a couple of more quotes after that.

The article goes on to state that June 15th is the crunch day; they can call it quits and give people their money back or else it can drag on for a long time. "The longer construction is delayed, the more difficult it becomes for buyers to recover their money."

An interesting article.

LOL .... "We're freaking here. What's going on?'

I think that's by me and I was being sarcastic because we had pages and pages of people asking for updates.

My 15 minutes of fame have ended. :D

...claim that Wikipedia is not a good source, b/c 'anyone can put stuff up there'.

I recall reading a report some years ago (I believe in New Scientist) that compared articles from Wikipedia with their equivalent articles in the Encyclopedia Britannica, and found that they had almost identical error rates. The main difference was that the Wikipedia articles tended to be significantly longer and more detailed.

I recall reading a report some years ago (I believe in New Scientist) that compared articles from Wikipedia with their equivalent articles in the Encyclopedia Britannica, and found that they had almost identical error rates. The main difference was that the Wikipedia articles tended to be significantly longer and more detailed.

Getting a bit off topic, but it was a study done by Nature a few years ago. Here is the link: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html

There was a scheduled meeting on April 22nd with the city to alter the stated plan in favour of making the amenities available to both residents AND hotel guests. Has anyone heard what the result of that meeting was?

A couple images from "Urbanation"... something is happening!

7848180.jpg

7848265.jpg

Dare we get excited at this new development? I've been holding back so long and not getting my hopes up in case bad news was in the offing . . . However, I would dearly love to see this tower get built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back