News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever is left of the Plaza Cinemas & lower lobby is two levels below the 26-30 area. That would seem an obvious connection from somewhere down there.
I wonder what all that space is being used for now?

What happen with all unfinished projects of defunct Bramalea?
They were finished off by other builders even during previous economic downturn.

You mean of those capped during construction? Like the big one across the street took 12 years to complete? I don't think anyone here has the patience for that!

I don't think anyone here has the patience for that!

...and since we at UT are now calling the shots in this city...

Wait. We are calling the shots now, right?

You could help us there being that you're on the 41st floor of the Scotiatower.

Ouch - that's gotta be a dig that my marketing department declined my suggestion to advertise on UT. The rate sheet your colleague sent me was not the issue, it was the penny-pinching economy we're in . . .

How about I purchase a condo in a spectacular building that adds more than it takes from the fabric of the City and leave it at that for my financial contribution to calling the shots? Other than that, unless we all become developers and/or employed in the City planning department, we only have moral suausion through postings on UT. :D

...and since we at UT are now calling the shots in this city...

Wait. We are calling the shots now, right?

not at all what I ment but keep on dreamin'

Not me. I'm only hired help from time to time. The BNS traders are on 66, the BNS corporate bankers are on 62, Raymond James in on 53, Genuity is on 49, Scotia Merchant Capital is on 38, and some of the BNS executive offices are lower down, near 8 or so. Maybe Psnake or Geekaroo can help!:)

Much faster

You mean of those capped during construction? Like the big one across the street took 12 years to complete? I don't think anyone here has the patience for that!

As far as I remember, it had been done much faster. One example is exslusive enclave near Allen Road & Sheppard...

Photos from Friday:

img44461.jpg

1BE site surrounded by Bloor Street Revitalization (BSN and CASA behind and to the right):

img44471.jpg

If you're up near Yonge & Bloor, you'll notice that the new granite sidewalks and curbs end near the TTC entrance on the south side of Bloor and from that point on they're using regular concrete. I asked one of the supervisors what's going on and he said it's temporary until 1BE is finished and then they will put in the granite. He said they should be starting construction on the 1BE site in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back