News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 753     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Opposed to the current design?

Yes, that's coming from me papamanjr. What's your point?

There are three points being made. Firstly, there is little hope a writing campaign will result in changes considering this is a private development. Secondly, a letter writing campaign is unlikely to work if there isn't a large amount of public support behind the effort and in this case I don't think the proposed development is bad enough to get the public to rise to the cause. Thirdly, your letter above is so poor in its sentence structure, poor in its use of proper tenses, poor in its use of proper descriptive words, and poor in its creation of good arguments that it is hard to take seriously. A letter which looks to be written by a twelve year old or by someone talking about a topic they know little about will not be taken too seriously. It is even funnier, or perhaps more unfortunate, that you chose to follow up with a statement talking about other people's immaturity and how other people might not get taken seriously.

Any building....even it the North York Towers went up there would be better than the current brick box design.

I highly anticipate the new Bloor Street East Project.

so...does anyone remember Roy Rogers' restaurant??

Yes, that's coming from me papamanjr. What's your point?

There are three points being made. Firstly, there is little hope a writing campaign will result in changes considering this is a private development. Secondly, a letter writing campaign is unlikely to work if there isn't a large amount of public support behind the effort and in this case I don't think the proposed development is bad enough to get the public to rise to the cause. Thirdly, your letter above is so poor in its sentence structure, poor in its use of proper tenses, poor in its use of proper descriptive words, and poor in its creation of good arguments that it is hard to take seriously. A letter which looks to be written by a twelve year old or by someone talking about a topic they know little about will not be taken too seriously. It is even funnier, or perhaps more unfortunate, that you chose to follow up with a statement talking about other people's immaturity and how other people might not get taken seriously.

There were no points made, not coherently anyway. Yes, you are right EnviroTO. It is true that a writing campaign alone rarely accomplishes anything when dealing with a private development project of this scale. However, the power in the words of several hundreds – thousands can have a great affect. As I have said, repeatedly, one has to start somewhere and it does not hurt to start by expressing one’s feelings to those who affect the outcome of this project. FYI EnviroTO, this writing campaign is one of various protest methods that we hope to implement.

What’s more, the impression given on a variety of web sites and forums is that the public favors the previous rendering. The response we have received already, though not exceedingly overwhelming, is impressive and very promising. With successful implementation of our other strategies, it is easy to anticipate considerable growth in support of a modification to this design.

What is most regrettable is your failed attempt to make my efforts and statements appear unintelligible. You tried and failed, all the while struggling to defend and make sense of a one-sentence post. What is humorous, or rather pitiable, is that you seem to be the only person blind to the fact that there are several messages in this forum that are “poor in its sentence structure, poor in its use of proper tenses, poor in its use of proper descriptive words, and poor in its creations of good arguments…†Assuming for a moment that you are not completely oblivious to this, one has to wonder why it is that you chose to target one of the better-written letters. I believe I have the answer. You have made it blatantly clear that you do not have a problem with my writing abilities (try not to overcompensate so much next time,) but rather with what I’m attempting to accomplish. Perhaps you’re threatened by our drive to change something that you like. You may actually believe that politicians and some designers that we speak of are actually lurking around these boards, reading our posts and receiving idea’s from what we say. Most of us understand that a perfectly written letter is not necessary for designers, politicians, architects or even board members to take seriously (just have a look back at some of the messages that you’ve agreed with in the past, EnviroTO.)

“It is even funnier, or perhaps more unfortunate, that you chose to follow up with a statement talking about other people's immaturity and how other people might not get taken seriously†Congratulations EnviroTO on so brilliantly demonstrating the lack of maturity and consideration for other’s on this board that I have spoke of! Your juvenile and boorish behavior is simply wonderful! And your criticism.....

What trenchant criticism, EnviroTO. Move aside Voltaire. Step back into the shadows H.L.Mencken! There’s a new kid in town! One can only wonder how many hours you sat in the glow of your computer screen before your trembling fingers sprang to life and pecked out this merde. A lesser critic would have wasted my time by presenting a well thought out, point-by-point constructive critique as opposed to lowering themselves so much as to offend rather than civilly criticize. But no, not our EnviroTO. Therefore members of UT, when you lay your eyes upon his post, read it - enjoy it, but above all, treasure it. For one day this "man" will be joining the pantheon of the immortals. And if we’re lucky, it’ll be one day soon.

A tower of excitement, refinement, sphere-shaped and one that achieves the towers partial purpose.

Did I miss the rendering of the ball shaped tower? I think you meant cylindrical. Either way your letter seems a bit redundant as in the last media blitz it was mentioned that the design is still a work in progress. I hope to god(s) that the final design isn't far off the last incarnation.

I for one won't be sending a letter off to the developer and I'm sure I speak for the majority of members on this site and the other forums. Maybe you can send a bunch of emails from your numerous email accounts like you've done to create new accounts here in order to back yourself up. I'm curious, you keep saying we, who else is writing these letters with you?

Nice poll btw.

I have to say, I also found the letter very amateurish as well. Probably better than I could compose but that's not saying much. :)

If you're serious about this, you should consider revising it. But perhaps since my opinion is that the newest design is better, my above opinion no longer counts?

I too write letter. Please read for me to get criticism.

Dear Toronto peoples for glorious make build of spherical towers of glitz and class

I am Doug and I like city. From small town in north I from. When come to Toronto first time I thought I die and go to heaven with big buildings of glitz. But there were no virgins and man dressed as women tried to put his penis in my bum. Wandering streets, I tried to find help, but only assholes with their fancy pants that had no rips and kept balls warm. I was alone and sad.

Then I come across the most beautiful city street ever. It had store selling glasses to let people can see sister while she give them hand job, and hamburger house with classy orange sign and furniture only seen in palaces. Tables were full of girls fourteen and from local catholic school. With my virgins, heaven had appeared. While chased down street by police with pants around ankles, I realize something. This corner very special place.

When I see new building you want make now, I cry. The cement all over make it feel cold like miners wife vagina. You once want make shiny, classy tower. Its spherical shape, like girly boys balls, make glorious adding to this city. I want very much for you too build it.

I have no money and will never able to afford to live, or shop in new tower. Or be allowed 50 meters from within entrance. But I very much like it be lovely as hamburger place with young virgin girls. Is what this fancy area needs.

Signed,

Guy who want tall tower with glamour style for big city corner place

I guess that ended his involvement in the development of architecture in the city.

You forgot to mention that developer is from glorious nation of Kazakhstan, much greater nation than filthy Uzbekistan!

Bill

Did I miss the rendering of the ball shaped tower? I think you meant cylindrical. Either way your letter seems a bit redundant as in the last media blitz it was mentioned that the design is still a work in progress. I hope to god(s) that the final design isn't far off the last incarnation.

I for one won't be sending a letter off to the developer and I'm sure I speak for the majority of members on this site and the other forums. Maybe you can send a bunch of emails from your numerous email accounts like you've done to create new accounts here in order to back yourself up. I'm curious, you keep saying we, who else is writing these letters with you?

Nice poll btw.

Wow. You're a larger fruit cake than I've given you credit for, Andrew. Nice theory on the e-mail accounts though, but I get. It's easier to think something like that rather than accept that those messages which you're referring to aren't from me. But let me ask you, is that what you do, Andrew? Should I model myself after you and cheat in an attempt to make myself look good? I have nothing to prove to you (and I love it!) :) Those who are also writing letters can speak up for themselves. They're on here (and other boards.) They don't need my permission to speak their minds.

Wow. Simply wow.

My letter writing campaign to the powers that be asked for a floating structure I wanted to call "Cloud City." It was my intention that "Cloud City" be the new home above 1BE and have Lando as the anchor tenant. But having read this letter for the tower of excitement I must push aside my lust for Cloud City and instead hop on the sphere-shaped band wagon.

All silliness aside, the writing needs serious work. You might want to consider bullets instead of long sentences.

I, however, happen to like the newest rendering but agree it still needs improvement. I like the idea behind the sharp edge down the centre dividing the tower in two - one side to salute the south-west and the other side to salute the north-east.

The developer has noted that this is not the final design and your letter should address that statement. You should also offer suggestions on how to improve the current iteration. Please feel free to add my Cloud City proposal. A floating city 1BE would definately add glitz to the area.

Yes, that's coming from me papamanjr. What's your point? Are you attempting to say that our choice to write those who influence the design & construction of this tower are uptight?

no, that is not what I was 'attempting' to say.

What is most regrettable is your failed attempt to make my efforts and statements appear unintelligible. You tried and failed, all the while struggling to defend and make sense of a one-sentence post.

first off, how does one go about making efforts unintelligible? or are they unintelligible efforts? who knows. secondly, what I was 'attempting' to say...oh what the hell am I doing - you couldn't even understand or make sense of a one-sentence post.

ps is that what people do these days - do they 'attempt' to say stuff? I must be getting old.

pps if you really want to be taken seriously umademethisway, don't ever use the word 'classy' to describe a 'region' of our fair city.

ever.

a strip club, maybe; a part of town, not so much.

like, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back