News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 753     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Opposed to the current design?

"we understand the importance and blatant need for it to resemble the original rendering"

"A tower of excitement, refinement, sphere-shaped"

"add glitz and high style to the 'classy' region of Toronto"

"You do not have to fill this thread with your show of support."

:lol x4

I strongly encourage you to spread this letter far and wide - it is pure gold, and will surely delight any and all recipients.

And a "sphere-shaped" tower certainly would be really something at this location. If clad with orange glass, we could call it, 'The Julius'. High style, indeed.

Now, off to deal with my "tower of excitement"...

How about green glass, and called the 'Emerald Tower'?

Seriously, I think that the latest design is easily the best of the three, and therefore have no interest in signing this letter.

Well it's not a terrible letter but you might want to refine it a little before you send it off. That said, I actually prefer the later designs- but that's just me.

i like the new design, and therefore oppose the opposition letter.

count me out too....prefer the last design....

Wow, what a waste of time ... why not send that letter to the Queen and Prime Minister too?

There ought to be a special ante room in hell - clad in Carerra marble, interiors by Munge/Leung - where missives of the sub-genre known as skyscrapergeek letters and petitions of complaint are neatly filed on shelves, never opened, never read.

After reading the last few above posts, I noticed that these two designs seems to have UT members split more than any other building I can recall in my 4(?) years here. So I went to the Polls section to check up on the results of the thread. Rather dissapointing turnout so far but it's currently a 6 to 5 win for the previous design. Pretty close.

BTW, that thread can be found here.

Hey -

Some of you need to relax. Go ahead and have a difference of opinion. However, it's not necessary to be sarcastic and immature with some of your responses. If that's the case, then do not expect your comments to be taken seriously or viewed as credible by most who read it.

Anyhow, I wanted to say a quick thank you to those who have replied to our postings opposing the current design proposed for 1 Bloor St. E. We had expected a few replies, but it has been great! It's great to have so many of you in support of a progressive tower for this great location. Thank you for coming on board and sharing your support. Denise will be in touch with some of you all with an e-mail address to write to if you haven't gotten it already.

Be well and have a great day!

It is imperative that this tower be one that is progressive and innovated. A tower of excitement, refinement, sphere-shaped and one that achieves the towers partial purpose. Namely, to exude and generate excitement as well as rejuvenate and renew this area of town. Moreover, to have it add glitz and high style to the "classy" region of Toronto - Bloor & Yonge/Yorkville.

I strongly encourage you to spread this letter far and wide - it is pure gold, and will surely delight any and all recipients.

I was delighted. The tower of excitement was rejuvenated and the sphere-shapes achieved their partial purpose. It added glitz to the area.

Some of you need to relax. Go ahead and have a difference of opinion. However, it's not necessary to be sarcastic and immature with some of your responses. If that's the case, then do not expect your comments to be taken seriously or viewed as credible by most who read it.

this coming from someone writing to the 'powers that be'.

I'll just be thrilled to see either one up at that location.....I've lived in T.O. all my life (mostly downtown).....I'll be happy not to look at a seedy Harvey's and a City Optical that tries to pass itself off as part of "the big city" by installing a giant plasma tv on top of itself.

I've lived in T.O. all my life (mostly downtown).....I'll be happy not to look at a seedy Harvey's and a City Optical that tries to pass itself off as part of "the big city" by installing a giant plasma tv on top of itself.

I second that. I lived across the street from there for nearly 10 years and watched the intersection - and that section of Yonge - deteriorate from being a vibrant and fun area, to a dreary, poorly maintained strip of mostly fast food restaurants and bargain stores. The Bloor Street Revitalization project will also help greatly.

this coming from someone writing to the 'powers that be'.

Yes, that's coming from me papamanjr. What's your point? Are you attempting to say that our choice to write those who influence the design & construction of this tower are uptight? If that's the case, you are exceptionally wrong. What you misguidely imply as someone being uptight is actually them (myself included) being strong willed and strong minded.

FYI - the design is incomplete and the client is not launching the tower for sales until early 2008.

Neither of the two posted designs will be the final outcome as it was made perfectly clear by the architect that he is still working with the client, city and local stakeholders in the evolution of the tower's architecture.

So whether you like option A or option B... all you are going to get in the end is option C or D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back